Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 2 of 2
< 12
Wine, Beer, and Spirits>German Beer
dijit 01:33 PM 10-21-2015
Originally Posted by kydsid:
Course wouldnt the cigar equivalent be lets make that a 60 rg because well why not.

And both IMO are being driven by peer pressure/perception in the market that bigger/hoppier is better.

And I unfortunately think both are complete crap. ::-D
I think I agree here. I find most American brews and especially Micro brews to be overly hoppie and masking the malts and other flavors that make a true import good. There are a few micro brews out there that arent adding enough sugar to make hard candy and hops to make bitter beer but not very many.

As for the big assed cigar movement I dont get the 70 or 80 rg even many of the 60's lose flavor in comparison to similar tobacco blends in smaller cigars. Maybe the manufacturers are trying to compensate for something. It isnt good flavor though.
[Reply]
T.G 09:04 AM 10-22-2015
Originally Posted by kydsid:
Adam I'll concide making crap and change it to making things hoppier just for hoppier sake. I swear the next hoppy pilsner, ale (read non-ipa) etc I get served is being sent back air mail to the brewer.

Course wouldnt the cigar equivalent be lets make that a 60 rg because well why not.

And both IMO are being driven by peer pressure/perception in the market that bigger/hoppier is better.

And I unfortunately think both are complete crap. ::-D
I agree that there are a number of beers or there that are out of balance. But yey, not everyone can make the next Pliny the Elder or Dreadnaught.
[Reply]
Page 2 of 2
< 12
Up