Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 3 of 8
< 123 45 > Last »
Health and Fitness>Losing weight Insanity style with Kirk
sofaman 10:11 AM 05-18-2011
Originally Posted by kgoings:
Still going! 193 today. I can feel the difference in my clothes. I'm excited about both my weight loss and my working out.
Keep pushing brother:-) I am at the end of week 11 of P90X and my next round is going to be a Hybrid of Insanity/P90X
[Reply]
kaisersozei 10:40 AM 05-18-2011
Another tip: pace yourself during the workout. I used to start out going balls to the wall, and by the time the third interval came around, I'd be spent. Including the warm-up. I was trying to keep up with the people in the video until I realized they were all about 20 years younger. :-)

So during the interval days, I typically start out slow/moderate for set 1, go a bit faster in set 2 but still able to breathe (say, 70% effort), then go all out in the final set. This is easier to measure with a HR monitor, you can track how you're doing in the middle of each set--I'll typically hit something like 125, 140, 160.
[Reply]
DennisP 10:40 AM 05-19-2011
Originally Posted by kaisersozei:
Another tip: pace yourself during the workout. I used to start out going balls to the wall, and by the time the third interval came around, I'd be spent. Including the warm-up. I was trying to keep up with the people in the video until I realized they were all about 20 years younger. :-)

So during the interval days, I typically start out slow/moderate for set 1, go a bit faster in set 2 but still able to breathe (say, 70% effort), then go all out in the final set. This is easier to measure with a HR monitor, you can track how you're doing in the middle of each set--I'll typically hit something like 125, 140, 160.
I'm trying to do this as well but haven't done a great job yet. On the third set of plyo cardio circuit today I was trying to push through but just couldn't. Those 4 pushups, run it in, jump up and back down is tiring. Then the exercises after that, I'm beat.
[Reply]
kgoings 01:25 PM 05-19-2011
I did Cardio Recovery today..this one I think is kind of a waste. I think in the future I will use Cardio Recovery day's to go run 2.5 to 5 miles.
[Reply]
DennisP 01:34 PM 05-19-2011
I did Cardio Recovery today..this one I think is kind of a waste. I think in the future I will use Cardio Recovery day's to go run 2.5 to 5 miles.
Yeah, a good day to sub other workouts. I liked it mainly to get a break. As long as you're doing something you're fine, but most people would just take the day off if their wasn't a DVD.
[Reply]
kgoings 10:48 AM 05-20-2011
Pure Cardio day. Its an ass kicker...no rests.
[Reply]
kgoings 02:10 PM 05-25-2011
Okay my weigh-in is today. I thought I would be the same or gain some but I still lost weight. I was bad last weekend, ate a Hamburger and Fries and a plate of Taco's. Today I weigh 190.8 slow and steady wins the race.

Today I was a slacker. I had to get up at 4:30AM for a work issue (I don't get home till past midnight) that lasted till 6AMish, and then I got back up at 9. I was completely shot. Today was supposed to be Plyo Cardio and tomorrow Cardio Recovery...so I did Cardio Recovery today and went on a 5 mile walk with my wife. Tomorrow I will do the Plyo Cardio.

5/03 205
5/11 196.2
5/18 193
5/25 190.8
[Reply]
sofaman 02:44 PM 05-25-2011
Okay my weigh-in is today. I thought I would be the same or gain some but I still lost weight. I was bad last weekend, ate a Hamburger and Fries and a plate of Taco's. Today I weigh 190.8 slow and steady wins the race.

Today I was a slacker. I had to get up at 4:30AM for a work issue (I don't get home till past midnight) that lasted till 6AMish, and then I got back up at 9. I was completely shot. Today was supposed to be Plyo Cardio and tomorrow Cardio Recovery...so I did Cardio Recovery today and went on a 5 mile walk with my wife. Tomorrow I will do the Plyo Cardio.

5/03 205
5/11 196.2
5/18 193
5/25 190.8
15 lb in 3 weeks thats awsome :-)
[Reply]
kgoings 02:48 PM 05-25-2011
Originally Posted by sofaman:
15 lb in 3 weeks thats awsome :-)
I have really been watching what I eat too. I think its about 85% diet 15% exercise.
[Reply]
sofaman 02:56 PM 05-25-2011
I have really been watching what I eat too. I think its about 85% diet 15% exercise.
Are you using Myfitnesspal of tap&trac ? I have been using MFP and I love it! It realy helps keep my 50% 30% 20% ratio in line
[Reply]
kgoings 02:56 PM 05-25-2011
No I will have to check it out
[Reply]
sofaman 03:00 PM 05-25-2011
Just download the app on your phone and enter everything you eat it makes things alot easyer.
[Reply]
DennisP 03:45 PM 05-26-2011
Just finished week 2. Haven't lost a pound yet, but don't care too much about weight as I'm pretty light. I do want to shed inches in the gut and improve my fitness though.

Looking forward to my fit test on Saturday to see if I have improvements. Still struggle once we really get going in most of the workouts.
[Reply]
kgoings 03:57 PM 05-26-2011
Originally Posted by DennisP:
Just finished week 2. Haven't lost a pound yet, but don't care too much about weight as I'm pretty light. I do want to shed inches in the gut and improve my fitness though.

Looking forward to my fit test on Saturday to see if I have improvements. Still struggle once we really get going in most of the workouts.
great job!
[Reply]
kgoings 04:29 PM 05-28-2011
I didnt eat great last night, but I didnt eat terrible. I have 4 graduation parties to goto this weekend...gonna be tough.

Today was the first day of 'double workouts' in insanity. Pure Cardio and Cardio Abs... wow. And then I went on a 5 mile walk with my wife. Trying to do some more activity besides the insanity workouts.
[Reply]
kaisersozei 04:44 PM 05-28-2011
I didnt eat great last night, but I didnt eat terrible. I have 4 graduation parties to goto this weekend...gonna be tough.

Today was the first day of 'double workouts' in insanity. Pure Cardio and Cardio Abs... wow. And then I went on a 5 mile walk with my wife. Trying to do some more activity besides the insanity workouts.
I did that workout this morning, too!--it's my second recovery week in the P90X/Insanity hybrid.

Couple favorite ShaunT-isms in that workout: "Is anybody as nervous--as me--at what's about to come up?!" and "Shakita, are you feeling inSANE yet?! What? You wanna LEAVE?!!! Go sit down!" that one always cracks me up.:-)
[Reply]
kgoings 04:56 PM 05-28-2011
Originally Posted by kaisersozei:
I did that workout this morning, too!--it's my second recovery week in the P90X/Insanity hybrid.

Couple favorite ShaunT-isms in that workout: "Is anybody as nervous--as me--at what's about to come up?!" and "Shakita, are you feeling inSANE yet?! What? You wanna LEAVE?!!! Go sit down!" that one always cracks me up.:-)
How does the hybrid work? Is that something you made up or can you get a workout cal online?
[Reply]
sofaman 06:06 AM 05-29-2011
How does the hybrid work? Is that something you made up or can you get a workout cal online?
There are alot of diffrent ways to do it but this is the one I am going to do next round :-)

http://pledgetostayfit.com/documents...t_schedule.pdf
[Reply]
kaisersozei 06:55 AM 05-29-2011
Originally Posted by sofaman:
There are alot of diffrent ways to do it but this is the one I am going to do next round :-)

http://pledgetostayfit.com/documents...t_schedule.pdf
That looks similar to the one I'm doing. I alternate cardio abs & ARX, and mine drops Legs & Back in weeks 9-12 subs in another Max Insanity workout instead. I noticed that this one drops yoga completely, I'm not sure why--that's still part of my hybrid 1x/week, although most weeks I only do the first 45 min and skip the balance postures & stretches (mostly to save time.) I can email the spreadsheet if you're interested.

After having done a few rounds of both P90x and Insanity separately over the past couple years, I like the results I'm getting from the hybrid the best.:-)
[Reply]
sofaman 09:25 AM 05-31-2011
Just finnished my first round of P90X saturday and now I cant wait to add some Insanity into my workouts!!!
Attached: 90 day transformation.jpg (52.1 KB) fat pics.JPG (58.8 KB) 
[Reply]
Page 3 of 8
< 123 45 > Last »
Up