Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Sports>Dang, you have a bad season and WHAMMY
theycallmedan'lboone 07:53 AM 12-04-2008
you get FIRED.

I said Saturday he was gone.. looks like I'm pretty good at predicting the future...
* I see Steven Gerrard holding the EPL cup Come the summer....*

Thanks tommy for the good times, good luck.
[Reply]
silentjon 10:05 AM 12-04-2008
College football has become what have done for me lately.
[Reply]
Flatsix 10:59 AM 12-04-2008
Originally Posted by theycallmedan'lboone:
I said Saturday he was gone.. looks like I'm pretty good at predicting the future...
* I see Steven Gerrard holding the EPL cup Come the summer....*
Not unless he's wearing BLUE!!!!:-):-):-)
[Reply]
TideRoll 01:46 PM 12-04-2008
I gotta admit, Tubs parting company with Auburn was a bit of a surprise. I though as late as the night before all this went down that he was coming back next year.

To be honest, though, he really hasn't seemed to be on fire this year. I don't know if it is a result of the season or the other way around. I really figured that he'd only hang around another year or two max anyway.

With his record, if he wants another gig, he'll be able to get on.

Before anybody starts to feel too bad for him, he'll have $5.1MM with which to make himself feel better.
[Reply]
Mark C 02:05 PM 12-04-2008
I think letting people go after a bad season is crap. Likewise, hiring someone based on one good season is also crap (i.e. Rich Rodriguez). Especially in college, where everything is different one year to the next. Where's FSU been lately? I can't imagine they'd ever get rid of Bowden. I doubt Paterno was worried about his job last year either.
[Reply]
theycallmedan'lboone 02:25 PM 12-04-2008
Originally Posted by TideRoll:
Before anybody starts to feel too bad for him, he'll have $5.1MM with which to make himself feel better.

yeah... and 3 million of that had to be dropped in his account today before noon..
[Reply]
Tombstone 02:33 PM 12-04-2008
Must be nice
[Reply]
theycallmedan'lboone 03:46 PM 12-04-2008
hate it for him.
[Reply]
cvm4 04:36 PM 12-04-2008
I don't like how the NFL or college football does this. But, the money the donors send in evidently speaks to hire or fire.
[Reply]
Up