Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 2 of 2
< 12
Sports>NFL Commentators -
tnip23 03:26 PM 11-11-2008
Always liked Kornheiser on his radio show and PTI, but I can take him or leave him on MNF. Summerall and Madden near the end were the worst ever. Madden and his nonsensical rambling and Pat's alcohol depleted brain causing him to get every other players's identity wrong. Also Bryant Gumbel was pathetic on NFL network.

On the plus side, Al Michaels is as good as it gets doing any sport. He is so good he makes Madden tolerable. Dick Enberg in his prime was a great one as well.
[Reply]
Starscream 02:05 PM 11-23-2008
Originally Posted by illinoishoosier:
Buck pretty much ruined baseball on TV for me.
Wow. Just wondering, how did Buck ruin baseball for you? I kinda like Buck on Saturday afternoons and WS coverage. He's a little dry, but ok.
[Reply]
Clampdown 02:10 PM 11-23-2008
Originally Posted by andysutherland:
Wow. Just wondering, how did Buck ruin baseball for you? I kinda like Buck on Saturday afternoons and WS coverage. He's a little dry, but ok.
Agree...what ruins it for me is Aikman and every other former Cowboy announcer who wont shut up about Romo and every other current Dallas player.
[Reply]
PeteSB75 06:19 PM 11-23-2008
Originally Posted by Clampdown:
Agree...what ruins it for me is Aikman and every other former Cowboy announcer who wont shut up about Romo and every other current Dallas player.
Most of the announcers pretty much suck, but Madden is definitely the worst. I only keep the sound on as Michaels is actually good and I occasionally chuckle at Madden.

Jaws and Collinsworth are two of the best analysts doing TV right now, IMO. If you've not already, you need to check out NFL Matchup - it's on Sunday morning at 3 and 7 or so on ESPN. I DVR it every week. Awesome analysis.
[Reply]
Whee 07:00 PM 11-23-2008
Originally Posted by andysutherland:
he's just one of those guys that grates on my nerves. Not sure why. Maybe he tries to hard...just can;t stand him.

Course, I grew up on Brickhouse and Carray.
[Reply]
acruce 07:42 PM 11-23-2008
Originally Posted by Clampdown:
Common know.......Aikman is a good broad caster and Roma is a great player...Gotta love the Cowboys.....:-)
[Reply]
Page 2 of 2
< 12
Up