Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Island (The other ones) Reviews>Trinidad Espiritu Fundadore
RevSmoke 01:07 PM 11-24-2021
Thanks for the cigar, Dave - as you fulfilled my MAW back in August.
Yes, I should do more of these, but...

Anyway, on to the review.

This was a very nice looking lancero, fairly smooth Colorado wrapper with some slight veins, a bit oily. The bands (there are 2) are kind of "fun" as they seem to be a stab at some artistic approach that is trying to be reminiscent of the 60s/70s hippie culture?

Took a match readily, and had a very nice draw (you always are a little concerned about lanceros). It never grew to burn too hot either (another concern when puffing a lancero).

As I was smoking it in the deer blind, I wasn't paying 100% attention to it, but it did draw me back to pay attention to is. There was a nice long finish as flavors danced upon my palate. It was nicely complex too, definitely not one dimensional. It exhibited some pepper, coffee, dark cocoa, and some earthiness.

All in all, this was a great Lancero, one I may have to look for.

Thanks for a great smoke, Dave!

Peace of the Lord be with you.
[Reply]
bruceolee 01:17 PM 11-24-2021
Nice review brother! Did you get any deer?
[Reply]
RevSmoke 01:27 PM 11-24-2021
Originally Posted by bruceolee:
Nice review brother! Did you get any deer?
Not yet! Had a few doe that I could have taken opening day, but was looking for a buck. Hopefully, in order to put some venison on the table, when I get back in the woods this weekend, if I do not see a buck, at least a doe will make herself available for harvest.

Peace of the Lord be with you.
[Reply]
Up