Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Island (The other ones) Reviews>Casa Cuba - Doble Cinco
bruceolee 02:35 PM 11-18-2021

I went to my local Smoke INN in ST Lucie West and the gentleman there decided to help me find something (it's been a while plus they moved so everything was backwards from my remembrance) and he recommended this cigar based on my wanting a hemingway signature. As you can see the construction is great but i'd expect nothing less from Fuente. The cigar had a powerful smell of tobacco unlike the Hemingway.

Burn was great throughout if not a little uneven from being outside while smoking it. Initial flavors was tobacco (duh!) coffee and freshly tilled soil. a family member had been gardening so the smell of earth was everywhere so that may have played into it but i could definitely taste it.

at this point more coffee, less soil and some pepper

now it was starting to hit chocolate and caramel mixed with a great cup of coffee.

here it was almost creamy with lots of chocolate and MORE coffee notes

this is just a quick review. i enjoyed this cigar immensely and would definitely buy again. it was about $10 a stick but it had my tongue buzzing while listening to an audiobook outside. life is good and it's always made better with a great cigar. Now i need my pizza to get here. have a great night guys and gals!
[Reply]
GypsyBirddog 02:49 PM 11-18-2021
Hemingway classic and short stories are two of my favorite cigars. Did you get in on the red meat lovers with smoke inn?
[Reply]
Remo 03:58 PM 11-18-2021
Nice review, great construction on that stick, great burn and ash. Thanks for the review.
[Reply]
longknocker 06:13 PM 11-18-2021
Great Review, Jason! Thanks!:-)
[Reply]
bruceolee 12:06 AM 11-19-2021
Ya know I’m glad I smoked this before looking at any reviews. I’ve seen complaints of a lack of flavor and texture with this cigar but my personal experience is far from the truth. If you tried one of these in the past and found them bland then let me encourage you to try again. The blend this time was very flavorful and I didn’t mention the smoke. Plenty of it here which came out in silky ropes not like some cigars that have either no smoke or like a smokestack. This cigar was class and elegance all the way. Anyways, just my humble opinion.
[Reply]
longknocker 07:36 AM 11-19-2021
Originally Posted by bruceolee:
Ya know I’m glad I smoked this before looking at any reviews. I’ve seen complaints of a lack of flavor and texture with this cigar but my personal experience is far from the truth. If you tried one of these in the past and found them bland then let me encourage you to try again. The blend this time was very flavorful and I didn’t mention the smoke. Plenty of it here which came out in silky ropes not like some cigars that have either no smoke or like a smokestack. This cigar was class and elegance all the way. Anyways, just my humble opinion.
:-) Just Ordered A 5er From tampasweethearts.com. Sounds Like A Stick I Would Really Like!
[Reply]
Up