Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 1 of 2
1 2 >
Sports>XFL 2020....Who's Watching?
NCRadioMan 06:01 PM 02-09-2020
I have really enjoyed the first week. Don't have a favorite team but leaning toward Houston. Out of all the teams, only Tampa Bay looks like a minor league team to me.

Are you watching and who do you like?

[Reply]
The camaro show 06:15 PM 02-09-2020
Is this the first season for this?
[Reply]
AdamJoshua 06:45 PM 02-09-2020
Yes and the have games saturday and sundays, shown on the major networks, they are going mainstream right out of the box.
[Reply]
NCRadioMan 06:47 PM 02-09-2020
Yes and no. The XFL started in 2001 but went bust. To much "sports entertainment" and over emphasis on the strippers (cheerleaders) killed it. Vince McMahon (WWE) is trying it again but this time, getting the right people to run it. (Oliver Luck, Andrews father) They have a motto this time: "No cheerleaders, no dui's and no kneeling for the National Anthem." :-)

It's back and this weekend was the start of play. They will play a 10 game season on Fox and Espn.
[Reply]
elderboy02 07:23 PM 02-09-2020
I liked seeing Proehl who is 51 years old catch 2 touchdowns yesterday
[Reply]
The camaro show 08:37 PM 02-09-2020
So it’s kinda for the old retired guys who got some game left and the rookies trying to make it to the nfl?
[Reply]
NCRadioMan 08:56 PM 02-09-2020
Kinda sorta. It's for those who didn't quite make it to the NFL and those who were there a few years but for whatever reason, didn't make it back and wants to show the NFL their skills during actual game situations. Lots of ex NFL and college coaches.

Some rules are a bit different but I like the change from the nfl. My favorite, there is no kicker for the extra point. Run or pass only. You can go for 1 point from the 2 yard line. 2 points from the 5 and 3 points from 10. Nobody went for 3 points this weekend.
[Reply]
The Poet 09:03 PM 02-09-2020
I went for three points once but she balked after two.
[Reply]
icehog3 09:16 AM 02-10-2020
I am waiting for the SFL to start with the ladies. :-)
[Reply]
NCRadioMan 11:06 AM 02-10-2020
Originally Posted by icehog3:
I am waiting for the SFL to start with the ladies. :-)

Dude the lingerie league has been around for 8 years! Where you been? :-)
[Reply]
BigAsh 12:57 PM 02-10-2020
Nope....curling finals were on...much more exciting....SWEEEEEEEEPPP!!
[Reply]
NCRadioMan 07:20 PM 02-10-2020
Defense Coordinator for the LA Wildcats Pepper Johnson was fired today. A little hasty after only 1 game, eh?:-)

I don't think LA looked that bad, it was Houston that looked that good. QB PJ Walker (Temple) lit 'em up.
[Reply]
icehog3 09:26 AM 02-11-2020
Originally Posted by NCRadioMan:
Dude the lingerie league has been around for 8 years! Where you been? :-)
Lingerie Smingerie … I am waiting for the Sluts Football League. :-)
[Reply]
AdamJoshua 11:15 AM 02-11-2020
Kapershit's rep was talking to them but he wanted too much money to play for them..... sounds like that extension he passed on in San Fran all over again :-)
[Reply]
NCRadioMan 10:58 AM 02-15-2020
Got a match-up of two of the best teams in the XFL today.

NY Guardians vs DC Defenders (2pm)
If you wondered where former Ohio St. QB Cardale Jones is, he is the QB for DC.
Matt McGloin from Penn St. leads a powerful NY team.

Tampa Bay Vipers vs Seattle Sea-Dragons (5pm)
Tampa features former Georgia QB, Aaron Murray
Seattle is led by QB Brandon Silvers, out of Troy
[Reply]
NCRadioMan 10:59 AM 02-15-2020
Originally Posted by AdamJoshua:
Kapershit's rep was talking to them but he wanted too much money to play for them..... sounds like that extension he passed on in San Fran all over again :-)
He didn't accept because the XFL has a strict rule of NOT kneeling for the anthem. He didn't like that.
[Reply]
J.Caprell 11:45 AM 02-15-2020
I'm happy with what I've seen so far. I'll be interested to see if this goes the way of the last years AAF and the previous XFL attempt, or if it lasts this go around. I like the rule changes. Seems to keep games a little more interesting and faster paced
[Reply]
NCRadioMan 01:16 PM 02-15-2020
Originally Posted by J.Caprell:
I'm happy with what I've seen so far. I'll be interested to see if this goes the way of the last years AAF and the previous XFL attempt, or if it lasts this go around. I like the rule changes. Seems to keep games a little more interesting and faster paced

I am as well and I love the rules. Since it's not Vince who has the say in the XFL, they will make better decisions this time around. It won't be so "sensational" with those WWE type stunts like the first go-round. This time, it's all about the game.

I haven't watched football in a few years. I will not watch the NFL anymore so the XFL has brought me back.
[Reply]
Hippi3Slay3r 07:17 PM 02-15-2020
[Reply]
NCRadioMan 01:41 PM 02-17-2020
Another good weekend for the XFL. The Houston/St. Louis game was fantastic! I reckon I'm on board with Houston. That logo gives me Oilers nostalgia.
[Reply]
Page 1 of 2
1 2 >
Up