Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 5 of 6
« First < 345 6 >
Sports>Super Bowl Predictions
mosesbotbol 09:27 AM 01-23-2017
We win too much, we are sicking of winning so much in New England...

Atlanta does scare me. We hardly ever play them, nor are they a team that everyone picks apart year after year like Green Bay.
[Reply]
SD Beerman 09:47 AM 01-23-2017
Originally Posted by Greentud:
It appears we are the only ones to get the correct two teams. I was so happy to see the Steelers get a beatdown.
It's tough being a Super Genius.....
[Reply]
ksknnr 10:55 AM 01-23-2017
Originally Posted by Subvet642:
Thanks Admiral. I remember the bad ol' days when the Patsies couldn't buy a win to save their friggin' lives. That loss to the Bears in '86 crushed me. This current era still seems like a miracle.
Darren, my dad reminds me of this every year, how we are spoiled now.
He grew up when the pats were awful, I was 25 when they won their first Superbowl, so this has been a great run to watch!
[Reply]
Subvet642 11:45 AM 01-23-2017
Originally Posted by ksknnr:
Darren, my dad reminds me of this every year, how we are spoiled now.
He grew up when the pats were awful, I was 25 when they won their first Superbowl, so this has been a great run to watch!
I was 38 when they first won a Super Bowl and don't get me started on the Sox! :-)
[Reply]
longknocker 03:23 PM 01-23-2017
Since I Lost My First Pick, Going With Atlanta For An Upset Win!:-):-):-):-) Go Julio!!!:-)
[Reply]
RevSmoke 06:58 PM 01-23-2017
Wow! I did not get either one of these last ones right!

So, who will do it now?

I want the Falcons to do it, but I have no confidence.

Peace of the Lord be with you.
[Reply]
Bruins Fan 08:30 PM 02-05-2017
Tom Brady the GREATEST Quarterback to ever play the game !!!!
[Reply]
MarkinAZ 08:39 PM 02-05-2017
What a game! 31 unanswered points by the Patriots. Totally amazing comeback victory!!
[Reply]
Porch Dweller 09:10 PM 02-05-2017
Originally Posted by Bruins Fan:
Tom Brady the GREATEST Quarterback to ever play the game !!!!
:-)
[Reply]
Tio Gato 09:12 PM 02-05-2017
The Revenge Tour ends in spectacular style! :-):-)
[Reply]
icehog3 09:38 PM 02-05-2017
Congrats to the Pats fans, and condolences to the other 99.999%. :-) :-)
[Reply]
Weelok 10:02 PM 02-05-2017
An amazing game!!!! Over 60 points, first overtime, and a freakish come back. One of the best Super Bowls ever.
[Reply]
AdamJoshua 10:28 PM 02-05-2017
Originally Posted by icehog3:
Congrats to the Pats fans, and condolences to the other 99.999%. :-) :-)
Atlanta won the popular vote, they should get the trophy :-)
[Reply]
Tio Gato 04:55 AM 02-06-2017
NESN has locker room video showing Mr. Kraft passing out Padron cigars after the big win. Nice.:-)
[Reply]
mosesbotbol 07:18 AM 02-06-2017
Can't wait for next season! Go Pats!
[Reply]
massphatness 08:51 AM 02-06-2017
Originally Posted by Subvet642:
I remember the bad ol' days when the Patsies couldn't buy a win to save their friggin' lives. That loss to the Bears in '86 crushed me. This current era still seems like a miracle.
My son was born in '93 and believes it his birthright that the Pats will contend at a high level every year. I try to tell him that this run is unparalleled in the history of professional football. No one has ever put together something like this over such long period of time: 16 years, 14 playoff appearances, 11 Conference Championship games, 7 Super Bowl appearances and victories in five of them. It's mind boggling.

At some point, the worm will turn and New England fans will look back on this era with awe and longing much as I suspect 49er fans look back on the mid 80's & early 90's. It will be fans like my son who will be ill equipped to deal with it because they don't know the pain. They don't respect the current winning streak because it's all they've ever known.

As a Bills fan living in New England, I will enjoy that immensely.
[Reply]
AdamJoshua 08:56 AM 02-06-2017
Originally Posted by massphatness:
My son was born in '93 and believes it his birthright that the Pats will contend at a high level every year. I try to tell him that this run is unparalleled in the history of professional football. No one has ever put together something like this over such long period of time: 16 years, 14 playoff appearances, 11 Conference Championship games, 7 Super Bowl appearances and victories in five of them. It's mind boggling.

At some point, the worm will turn and New England fans will look back on this era with awe and longing much as I suspect 49er fans look back on the mid 80's & early 90's. It will be fans like my son who will be ill equipped to deal with it because they don't know the pain. They don't respect the current winning streak because it's all they've ever known.

As a Bills fan living in New England, I will enjoy that immensely.

It's like the Red Sox pink haters, of course the Pats streak is much longer and more impressive, but the Sox going from nothing to a couple of World Series sweeps in a very short time spoiled a lot of younger fans. I remember the old line "The Sawx killed my grandfather and now their coming for me!"
[Reply]
SD Beerman 10:16 AM 02-06-2017
Originally Posted by AdamJoshua:
It's like the Red Sox pink haters, of course the Pats streak is much longer and more impressive, but the Sox going from nothing to a couple of World Series sweeps in a very short time spoiled a lot of younger fans. I remember the old line "The Sawx killed my grandfather and now their coming for me!"
No kidding, My Dad never got to see them win it.
[Reply]
SD Beerman 10:17 AM 02-06-2017
Originally Posted by SD Beerman:
Patriots over Atlanta by 4
Only missed it by 2 points......
[Reply]
Subvet642 10:47 AM 02-06-2017
Originally Posted by AdamJoshua:
At least the Sox are usually in the mix these days. I still don't know how the hell we're gonna replace Papi. I mean, I know he's irreplaceable but I was hoping we'd get Encarnacion, at least. We need a Catcher with a stick, too.
[Reply]
Page 5 of 6
« First < 345 6 >
Up