Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 1 of 2
1 2 >
Island (The other ones) Reviews>Oliva Serie 'G' Maduro
TwiceTheJava 08:01 AM 08-11-2011
I really enjoyed the Oliva Serie 'G' Maduro. It had difficult draw after a sizeable guillotine cut, so I had to use a punch cut to open it up. I repeated this again later on as it started to clog up. As I first started smoking it, I liked the flavor but thought it was a bit mild. I made a mental note to see if there is a stronger version in another letter other than the 'G'. As it smoked though, it got stronger and stronger, becoming a medium and by the end medium-full bodied smoke. I lack the refined palette to describe the flavor in terms other than tobacco, so I'll just say if you like flavorful maduros, give this one a try. After finishing it I ordered more!

Edit: This was a box-pressed torpedo.
[Reply]
Killian 11:19 AM 08-12-2011
I am a huge Oliva fan. I like every series and they are very consistent smokes. If you haven't tried the V's yet, grab some. They are the best!
[Reply]
Flynnster 02:00 PM 08-12-2011
I'm with Killian, I liked the G's but they often got a bit harsh on me. Give the V a try, a touch stronger but I really think the flavor is great.
[Reply]
Hot Stuff x 04:38 PM 08-12-2011
Originally Posted by Flynnster:
I'm with Killian, I liked the G's but they often got a bit harsh on me. Give the V a try, a touch stronger but I really think the flavor is great.
I like the G maduro, but only when it has at least six months rest.
[Reply]
ysr_racer 09:13 PM 08-13-2011
What's the difference between an O and a G, taste wise?
[Reply]
gbum 12:29 AM 08-14-2011
im a big fa of oliva...
G got cameroon wrapper which give me a taste of sweet caramel or brown sugar...
[Reply]
DaBear 07:48 AM 08-14-2011
Originally Posted by ysr_racer:
What's the difference between an O and a G, taste wise?
The O is like smoking cinnamon to me, its a great smoke, but something I'd save for an after dinner smoke around holiday time.

They're both around the same body wise, but the G is more earthy in flavor. I've got an O maduro robusto that I've been holding onto for about a year that I'm saving for Thanksgiving
[Reply]
darkninja67 09:15 AM 08-14-2011
Originally Posted by Hot Stuff x:
I like the G maduro, but only when it has at least six months rest.
This^^

The G maduro is one of the best cheap smokes out there. For $3 a stick they are a great everyday go to cigar.

They really smooth out with 6 months to a year on them IMO and the smoking characteristics are solid although the roboustos burn like a fuse sometimes for me.

Thanks for the impressions OP
[Reply]
irratebass 09:49 AM 08-14-2011
The Olivia's are on my list, really want to try them. Seen them at the store last night, but after buying my NUB I have to wait, but now I know where it is, I have my sights set.
[Reply]
gbum 12:30 PM 08-14-2011
dude...its OLIVA
[Reply]
ysr_racer 04:45 PM 08-14-2011
Thanks guys, I smoked a "G" and really enjoyed it. I'll try an "O".
[Reply]
Ogre 04:48 PM 08-14-2011
Love the Oliva line. Thanks for the review brother!!!!
[Reply]
irratebass 08:22 PM 08-14-2011
Originally Posted by gbum:
dude...its OLIVA
I know *hangs head in shame*:-)

:-):-)
[Reply]
Skywalker 10:46 AM 08-15-2011
The little Special G perfectos are my favorite little smoke!

Thanks for the review!!!

[Reply]
Davis 12:35 PM 08-15-2011
Im a huge fan of the "O". Might need to pick a couple up on the way home now thanks to this thread.
[Reply]
Trace63 06:06 AM 09-10-2011
Cant beat the G's for the price
[Reply]
Enphrared 12:08 PM 09-24-2011
The G was one of my first cigars when I started up the hobby, still one of my favorites. Bought a box of maduro O torpedo's to hand out when my daughter was born. I really liked the complexity of it. I also tried a Master Blends III a few months ago that was really good. Haven't had a V series yet. But ya, I always recommend Oliva G, usually pretty good price too.
[Reply]
SmokeHustler 05:07 PM 09-24-2011
I'm definitely a fan of the Oliva brand. I always keep a couple G's in my humidor.
[Reply]
SteelCityBoy 08:03 PM 10-12-2011
I have had the G and the O but not the V. Love the G, but hear the V is more full body than the G. Can't wait to try it!
[Reply]
kelmac07 05:08 AM 10-13-2011
Greg...get you a draw tool. Will save many future sticks. :-)
[Reply]
Page 1 of 2
1 2 >
Up