Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Island (The other ones) Reviews>Cabaiguan guapos RX
Don Fernando 12:05 AM 10-23-2011
Cabaiguan is another brand from Pete Johnson, the man behind the success of Tatuaje. These Cabaiguan Guapos are the latest Cabaiguan release. The blend is the same as the regular release but with a different wrapper. The only Cabaiguan guapos that is available here in the Netherlands is the 5¼x50 Guapos RX natural with an Ecuadorian sun grown wrapper. The price is € 8.

The cigar has a funny and unusual top. The construction feels good. The wrapper is nice and shiny, quite oily and light colored like oak. The band is simple yet beautiful. I smell a strong and nice barnyard aroma. The predraw is great, a bit sweet with a peppery aftertaste.

Dry pepper and sweet hay are the first flavors I taste with a lot of earth. Soon after I taste herbs with some sweetness and a peppery aftertaste. After half an inch I taste some sweet wood and spicy herbs. After that I taste herbal wood and hay. The flavors develop rapidly in the first third.

After a third I taste sweet herbs with a bit of wood. After two thirds I taste wood with herbs, not spicy anymore and not sweet either. On the background I taste white pepper. Near the end the strength of the pepper grows.

This cigar lasted me for seventy minutes. The draw is great and I got a lot of smoke. The pepper and salt colored ash isn't firm. The burn is good. This cigar is full flavored and full bodied. The cigar started out spectacular but got a bit boring towards the end.

Would I buy this cigar again? Yes, on occassion

Appearance: 8 / 10
Construction: 8 / 10
Draw: 8 / 10
Burn: 7 / 10
Smoke & ash: 8 / 10
Aroma first part: 8 / 10
Aroma second part: 7 / 10
Aroma third part: 7 / 10
[Reply]
HollywoodQue 07:08 AM 10-23-2011
Thanks for the review Fredi!
[Reply]
Fordman4ever 07:39 AM 10-23-2011
Great review. I love the Cabaiguans.
[Reply]
Sin 11:56 AM 10-23-2011
thanks for the review; great cigar!
[Reply]
LigaPrivadaT84 01:09 PM 10-23-2011
Thanks for the review; haven't had a Cabaiguan I didn't enjoy.
:-)
[Reply]
Up