Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Island (The other ones) Reviews>Nick's Stick Maduro Torpedo
INT 07:57 PM 10-20-2011

This was the brand that Nick first started with when Perdomo was Nick's Cigar Co in Miami. He resurected the brand last year I think I picked up a 5er from CI soon as they showed up to try them out.

On looks, it's a already a winner. Thick dark choclate looking broadleaf maduro. The fill is in the same mold as many of Perdomo's cigars, Cuban seed Nicaraguan.

The flavors are very consistent. Mellow leather and Expresso. Not much variance from that. As you get down to the nub it gets a little fuller bodied and the flavors more pronounced. The aroma that hit me was straight cocoa. Burn was slow and even. No corrections at all. To top it off, they run $4 a piece.

Is it a Rocky Patel, a Drew Estate, a Perdomo Lot 23/Habano/Champagne, Oliva? No. Is it a well constructed, solid burning, budget cigar with good flavors? Yes. I'd put it right there with other decent budget smokes like 5 Vegas Gold and Morro Castle.
[Reply]
RatherUneek 08:43 AM 10-21-2011
I have been on the hunt for budget stick's lately considering I have a baby on the way and thinns are going to be getting tight financially. Looks like I may have to check this out. Thanks for the review!
[Reply]
kelmac07 09:22 AM 10-21-2011
I have one of these in the vinos...might be time to torch it up. Thanks for sharing. :-)
[Reply]
Blak Smyth 09:30 AM 10-21-2011
Sounds interesting, Mac let me know what you think if you torch it!
[Reply]
Jefft72 10:15 AM 10-21-2011
Looks like a great stick! Thanks for the review. That is one that was not on my radar, but I will have to look for it on my next visit to the shop.
[Reply]
BUC WHITE 10:22 AM 10-21-2011
nice review. i'll take a shot on a 5 pack. can't beat $4 price tag
[Reply]
Up