Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Island (The other ones) Reviews>Don Duarte Clasico intermedio shorty
Don Fernando 09:38 PM 10-13-2011
Another Don Duarte review, this time I smoked the 4½x46 Don Duarte Clasico intermedio shorty, which is a tribute to Evelio Oviedo, the master blender who helped to blend this cigar before he died a few years ago. I got this cigar from Don Roger Duarte when I met him in Amsterdam. The cigars are new to the Dutch market.

The crest on the band is very pretty and the cigar has a dark and oily wrapper which looks good too. The cigar has a barnyard and wood smell. The construction is good, the predraw is fine and I taste dry tobacco.

I taste a full earthy flavor with coffee, the flavors are mild bitter and spicy but not too bitter or spicy. I also taste dry wood. The bitterness quickly disappears and I taste some pepper on the tongue as the aftertaste. After half an inch I taste earthy flavors with herbs, pepper and some sweetness.

After a third I taste more sweetness and lots of herbs. I also get some wood on the background. The mixture of herbs is a bit weird, different than other cigars and I am not overwhelmed. Halfway I still taste lots of herbs with some sweetness. After two thirds the cigar gets a bit harsh with spicy herbs, some sweetness and a hint of pepper.

This cigar lasted me for seventy-five minutes. The draw and smoke are great, the smoke is plenty and thick. The light gray ash is coarse and not firm. The burn is good. This cigar is full flavored and medium bodied.

Would I buy this cigar again? Yes I will

Appearance: 8 / 10
Construction: 8 / 10
Draw: 8 / 10
Burn: 7 / 10
Smoke & ash: 8 / 10
Aroma first part: 8 / 10
Aroma second part: 7 / 10
Aroma third part: 7 / 10
[Reply]
Up