Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Island (The other ones) Reviews>Te-Amo world selection series Nicaragua blend robusto
Don Fernando 09:36 PM 10-13-2011
This is the fifth and final Te-Amo world selection series review, another robusto but this time the 5x54 Nicaragua blend. This cigar is made with Nicaraguan filler, a San Andres binder and a criollo wrapper. As all other Te-Amo world selection series this cigar is box pressed and packed in cellophane.

I like that all the bands have a different color, not just a different name. The wrapper has a latte color with a few veins. The cigar has a good construction and a strong barnyard smell. The predraw is fine and I taste dry tobacco.

I taste a little harsh and peppery leather flavor with a splash of sweetness in the aftertaste. There is also a mild bitter flavor. The bitterness disappears after a quarter of an inch. After half an inch I taste pepper, herbs, a hint of cinnamon and wood. The cigar turns surprisingly subtle.

After a third the subtle flavors disappear and I taste a mild bitter and harsh mixture of pepper, wood and some sweetness. Halfway I taste red pepper with a tiny bit sweetness and wood. The pepper is growing stronger and stronger. Near the end I taste pepper, herbs and some earthy flavors with some sugar on the background.

This cigar gave me a little bit of vitamine and it lasted me for ninety-five minutes. The draw is great and I got a lot of smoke. The ash is dark colored, frayed but firm. The burn is good. This cigar is full flavored and full bodied.

Would I buy this cigar again? Probably, although I liked the Honduras blend better

Appearance: 7 / 10
Construction: 7 / 10
Draw: 8 / 10
Burn: 7 / 10
Smoke & ash: 8 / 10
Aroma first part: 7 / 10
Aroma second part: 6 / 10
Aroma third part: 7 / 10
[Reply]
Up