Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Island (The other ones) Reviews>Te-Amo world selection series Honduras blend robusto
Don Fernando 09:35 PM 10-13-2011
The third cigar from the Te-Amo world selection series is the Te-Amo world selection series Honduras blend robusto, a 5x54 box pressed, cellophane wrapped cigar made with Honduran filler, a San Andres binder and corojo wrapper. This is the least attractive looking cigars from the bunch.

The dark wrapper looks rough and dry with thick veins. The construction feels good though and I smell a strong but sour wood smell. The band is pretty and the predraw is a bit tight. I taste spicy tobacco with a peppery aftertaste.

I taste coffee and an earthy flavor with a little sweetness that slowly gains strength. After three quarters of an inch I also taste some hazelnuts. An inch after lighting the cigar I taste some hay, lots of sugar, some herbs and a hint of the earlier mentioned hazelnuts.

After a third I taste sugar, hay, a bit of chocolate. The cigar is also spicy and a little bitter but in a pleasant way. Halfway a green pepper flavor joins the other flavors. After two thirds I taste pepper, an earthy flavor and sugar with some herbs on the background. Near the end I taste more wood, the sugar is almost gone but I do taste a little bit of cacao.

This cigar lasted me for an hour and twenty minutes. The draw was reasonable but the smoke was too thin. The silvergray ash is firm. I had to correct the burn once or twice. This cigar is full flavored and medium to full bodied.

Would I buy this cigar again? Oh yeah!

Appearance: 6 / 10
Construction: 7 / 10
Draw: 7 / 10
Burn: 7 / 10
Smoke & ash: 6 / 10
Aroma first part: 8 / 10
Aroma second part: 8 / 10
Aroma third part: 7 / 10
[Reply]
Up