Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 8 of 14
« First < 678 910 > Last »
Wine, Beer, and Spirits>Tequila Thread!!!
mosesbotbol 01:06 PM 12-10-2009
Originally Posted by T.G:
Has anyone tried the new Kirkland branded anejo tequila?

I've heard a lot of good things about it so far, just havent commited myself to a bottle yet.
They have one? I bet it is good. I heard they are the company that initially distributed Cabo Wabo which I think is a good brand (at the Costco prices when they had it). I wonder if it's made by the same people as Cabo?
[Reply]
montecristo#2 11:31 AM 12-20-2009

Bought myself a birthday present or two. :-)

Costco has the three pack of 375ml bottles of the Milagro Select Barrel - I think it was $80 or so, which seemed like a good price. I am thinking about grabbing another set. Tried the anejo for the first time the other night and I was impressed.

I had Tezon a couple of years back in Vegas, I think it is no longer being imported so I tracked down a bottle of the reposado and anejo on the internet.
[Reply]
SmokinApe 05:26 PM 12-20-2009
Daymun! I wanna hang with Monty#2....
[Reply]
mosesbotbol 06:04 PM 12-20-2009
Originally Posted by montecristo#2:
I had Tezon a couple of years back in Vegas, I think it is no longer being imported so I tracked down a bottle of the reposado and anejo on the internet.
I saw the Tezon last summer in Austin. How is it?
[Reply]
montecristo#2 06:31 PM 12-20-2009
Originally Posted by mosesbotbol:
I saw the Tezon last summer in Austin. How is it?
I have only tried the Blanco so far and it was very good. Very smooth.

Unfortunately, the place I bought these from online did not have the Blanco. I think the place was trying to get rid of them as they were pretty much 1/2 off. The few places online that have the blanco left are full price.

I am not a huge fan of straight liquor in general, so I may not be the best person to ask. I prefer my tequila in margaritas. :-)
[Reply]
Montano 02:49 PM 12-21-2009
Originally Posted by LeoM:
Yep, Cabo Rep (formerly blue bottle, now just a blue label) is a great "daily" or "affordable" drink.....love that stuff.
Was at my local BevMo yesterday, and the Cabo they had there was still in blue bottles. They had about 5 of them behind the glass :-)
[Reply]
Parshooter 08:26 AM 12-22-2009
I was told that a local store had the el Mayor in stock. All they had was the blanco. So I got a bottle of Milagro reposado instead.
[Reply]
mosesbotbol 08:16 AM 12-23-2009
Originally Posted by T.G:
Has anyone tried the new Kirkland branded anejo tequila?

I've heard a lot of good things about it so far, just havent commited myself to a bottle yet.
Saw it yesterday! Any tasting reviews? Anyone?
[Reply]
smokin5 08:06 PM 03-03-2010
Did a tequila testing tonight with some 100% agaves - Don Julio, 100 Anos (Sauza) & Cazadores Blanco. Don Julio won hands down. The Cazadores was nasty - wouldn't use it for anything but a mixed drink.

Wine makes you mellow.
Beer makes you happy.
Tequila makes you felonious.
[Reply]
pnoon 08:07 PM 03-03-2010
Originally Posted by smokin5:
Did a tequila testing tonight with some 100% agaves - Don Julio, 100 Anos (Sauza) & Cazadores Blanco. Don Julio won hands down. The Cazadores was nasty - wouldn't use it for anything but a mixed drink.

Wine makes you mellow.
Beer makes you happy.
No kidding. :-)
[Reply]
SinPena! 08:07 PM 03-03-2010
Originally Posted by smokin5:

Wine makes you mellow.
Beer makes you happy.

Cazadores Silver my friend!!!!!
[Reply]
CigarNut 09:00 PM 03-03-2010
Originally Posted by SinPena!:
Cazadores Silver my friend!!!!!
I like Cazadores Reposado better :-)
[Reply]
smokin5 09:52 PM 03-03-2010
BTW, accompanied these with a 3 year old Saint Luis Rey (Honduras) Rothchild. One of my 2 favorite cigars to pair with tequila.
[Reply]
Guitarman-S.T- 07:11 AM 03-04-2010
for the smoothest Silver- Corazon
For my Favorite All around Silver- Don Julio

Reposado- Don Julio

Anejo- Patron
[Reply]
goalie204 07:11 PM 04-04-2010
just got home from 32 hours of driving and decided to pick up a bottle at the duty free, got this tequilla i've never heard of or tried called Gila, apparently named after the Gila monster. I'm no aficionado, but i think it's pretty good. It was only 28 USD on sale from 40 at the duty free
http://www.tequila.net/tequila-revie...-reposado.html
[Reply]
mosesbotbol 04:44 AM 04-05-2010
We drank "Fina Estampa" Reposado on the rocks yesterday in my back yard along with a RA Belicoso.

I vowed not to buy any more Tequila, only Mezcal, so I have like 20 bottles that I want to polish off to make new space for Mezcal only.

"Fina Estampa" is a great value and excellent brand. Might be very difficult to find in most markets. Picked it up a Spec's in Austin.
[Reply]
MikeyRocks 04:41 PM 04-28-2010
My absolute favorite sipping tequila would be Clase Azul, I haven't had anything as smooth as this. It's a little pricey, so it's only pulled out on special occasions.

For regular days, my favorites are (in order):

Don Julio Anejo
1921 Special Reserve
7 Leguas Reposado
[Reply]
FretSpot 09:19 PM 05-02-2010
I'm new to Tequila - I swore it off after vomiting too many times drinking cheap Tequila in my youth. Two years ago went to Mexico and was able to drink all of the Don Julio 1942 I could stand - which was quite a bit!

Anyway, other than straight, any favorite recipes you BOTL'es can share?
[Reply]
Skywalker 06:12 PM 05-09-2010
Enjoying Beer Margaritas right this minute!!!
[Reply]
montecristo#2 06:01 PM 06-06-2010
Tried some Partida Anejo last week, so made a little stop at BevMo today. They were out of the Anejo, so that will be my next purchase.

My small but growing Tequila collection :-)

[Reply]
Page 8 of 14
« First < 678 910 > Last »
Up