Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 1 of 2
1 2 >
All Cigar Discussion>New Cigar from AJ Fernandez - San Lotano (Press Release)
OHRD 01:38 PM 07-29-2010

Name: Kris Kachaturian
Telephone: 305.762.6188
Email: cigarexpress@aol.com
For Immediate Release

Miami, FL, 31 July – Cigar Express is pleased to announce the exciting new cigar release San Lotano, a signature blend by A.J. Fernandez. With a rich history, San Lotano dates back to Cuba’s pre-Castro era where the brand was among the most popular with traditional Cuban cigar makers. Retired for decades, the line is being reintroduced by A.J. Fernandez whose grandfather first started the brand in San Luis, Cuba. San Lotano is made entirely by hand in the Fernandez factory in Esteli, Nicaragua, and is available in three enticing variations encompassing Habano, Connecticut and Maduro wrappers.

A.J. Fernandez is no stranger in the cigar industry. As a third generation cigar maker, born in Cuba, Fernandez is well known for being one of the only cigar makers in the industry to still employ many of the oldest traditions and secrets that have earned him an unmatched reputation among cigar aficionados. When asked about the importance of the brand, A.J. says, “San Lotano has been a project many years in the making for me, and it is made to honor the tradition of cigar making that I learned from my father and my father’s father. The blends are extremely rich, flavorful and are the culmination of my family’s knowledge which has been accumulated over the last century.”

The Fernandez factory is one of the largest in Nicaragua, producing 9 million cigars a year. While this is the first nationally distributed release coming from Fernandez himself, he has made cigars for many notable brands in the industry over the past few years including: Padilla, Rocky Patel, Graycliff, Gurkha, Man O War, Diesel and many more.

San Lotano will officially debut at this year’s IPCPR Tradeshow in New Orleans. The brand will be available exclusively through brick and mortar tobacconists nationwide late this summer.
[Reply]
Dunkel 01:46 PM 07-29-2010
"The brand will be available exclusively through brick and mortar tobacconists nationwide late this summer."

:-):-):-):-)
[Reply]
CigarNut 01:58 PM 07-29-2010
Originally Posted by matthewjmichael:
...The brand will be available exclusively through brick and mortar tobacconists nationwide late this summer.
I guess they are not that interested in having many people experience their new cigar...

I cannot find any of the AJ Fernandez blends at my local B&M's, so I have no expectation of finding this one there either...
[Reply]
whodeeni 02:07 PM 07-29-2010
First time for everything folk's...

Let's see how he handles it before getting "Negative"!:-)

I will say this. For him to produce 9M sticks a year, his
quality controls are second to none! RP only wishes he
was half as good as AJ!
[Reply]
OHRD 02:07 PM 07-29-2010
I was shocked that it was exclusive to B&M's, considering that he seems to deal so heavily w/ CI and Cigar.com.

I wonder if he got burnt by that, or if he is just doing a more boutique type line and trying that out...
[Reply]
pinotguy 07:25 PM 07-29-2010
Don't a lot of "exclusive" cigars start out as B&M only but end up being available on-line? In addition, don't a lot of B&M's have an on-line presence these days?

Just curious on this but it does not make a whole lot of business sense to neglect the majority of prospective customers by limiting a products availability, regardless of how savvy the marketing.
[Reply]
kelmac07 07:59 PM 07-29-2010
Kepponig an eye out!! Thans for the heads up!! :-)
[Reply]
Pass 08:25 PM 07-29-2010
Originally Posted by kelmac07:
Kepponig an eye out!! Thans for the heads up!! :-)
Same! I'd really like to try these as I've been impressed with most of his blends. But alas... My B&M is small and will likely not carry them. :-)
[Reply]
TXRebel 09:18 AM 09-03-2010
Any word on when these will be available.
[Reply]
jbuck 10:11 AM 09-03-2010
I posted a question if anyone had tried this cigar. I guess it had not yet hit the market. I got my hands on a few from AJ in july. I tried all the wrappers and i don't see how anyone can be disappointed in this stick. They are I believe his best work Imight try a review of my own on this one
[Reply]
BeerAdvocate 10:47 AM 09-03-2010
I cant wait to get my hands on these.
Im a huge fan of all of AJ F. cigars!
If someone finds these, please post where!
[Reply]
Kreth 01:54 PM 09-03-2010
Originally Posted by BeerAdvocate:
I cant wait to get my hands on these.
Im a huge fan of all of AJ F. cigars!
If someone finds these, please post where!
:-)
Posted via Mobile Device
[Reply]
TheRiddick 03:57 PM 09-03-2010
Originally Posted by matthewjmichael:
...San Lotano dates back to Cuba’s pre-Castro era where the brand was among the most popular with traditional Cuban cigar makers...
Why resort to marketing that works best on a someone with absolutely no attention span? If it was SOOOO popular, why did it disappear and so long ago to boot?

Just make a great cigar, marketing will take care of itself.
[Reply]
NCRadioMan 06:18 PM 09-03-2010
Originally Posted by pinotguy:

Just curious on this but it does not make a whole lot of business sense to neglect the majority of prospective customers by limiting a products availability, regardless of how savvy the marketing.
It is to help out the smaller stores that can't compete with the cigar "Wal Mart" stores. More and more releases are b&m only. This has been a trend going back to the Casa Magna.

I've got a few from the show but I havn't gotten around to them yet. Not a big AJ fan. Maybe this one will be different.
[Reply]
Jimbo14 06:39 PM 01-30-2012
Sorry to bump an old thread, but these are now avalible online, however stock is limited. They are on atlanticcigar and tophatcigar. My local B&M in melbourne, australia have these in store. They are great cigars.
[Reply]
BeerAdvocate 06:45 AM 01-31-2012
I had a chance to meet AJF this past weekend. I picked up a box of San Lotano Ovals without trying them 1st. I wasnt dissapointed!!!!
[Reply]
kuzi16 07:20 AM 01-31-2012
the San Lotano Habano was probably my most smoked cigar last year. the connecticut is darn tasty as well. heck, they're all good.
[Reply]
Beagleone 09:31 AM 01-31-2012
I had the San Lotano Maduro last week at an event. I was pleasantly surprised at how well it tasted and the amount of smoke I got from it.
[Reply]
kelmac07 02:27 PM 01-31-2012
The maduro and oval are awesome sticks. :-) :-) Jury is still out on the habano.
[Reply]
MarkinAZ 03:33 PM 01-31-2012
Originally Posted by kelmac07:
The maduro and oval are awesome sticks. :-) :-) Jury is still out on the habano.
Then, you need more jury time Mac:-)

[Reply]
Page 1 of 2
1 2 >
Up