Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 2 of 2
< 12
All Cigar Discussion>Traveling tips anyone?
Don Fernando 01:50 PM 05-01-2012
Originally Posted by levrac68:
No go for the Butane canister. Send the torch through checked baggage and you should be fine. Worked for me.
Didn't work for me leaving the US last year.
[Reply]
RobR1205 02:28 PM 05-01-2012
WOW thanks for the awesome feedback and stories, everyone! I'm not going to chance losing my Colibri, so I'll see if there are any bics or jet lights when my plane lands!
[Reply]
gvarsity 09:36 PM 05-01-2012
I flew to Houston to a wedding and chose not bring a lighter not wanting it confiscated with plans to buy a cheap one when I got there. In the chaos around the wedding no chance to grab a cheap one. Fortunately there was a very nice cigar shop around the corner from the reception location but no throw away lighters so grabbed a 40$ Xicar. Not wanting to throw/give it away I just put it in my dop kit in my checked luggage and hand no problem bringing it back. Point being there is not always a close source for a cheap lighter and TSA doesn't seem terribly vigilant on lighters in checked luggage. As my grandma used to say use your own poor judgement. :-)
[Reply]
mosesbotbol 05:12 AM 05-02-2012
Originally Posted by volfan:
I travel 48 weeks a year, sometimes 3 airports a week.
That's a lot of travel! I just passed 50 flights this year and I thought I travelled a lot!
[Reply]
JJKJR 06:09 AM 05-02-2012
Am I over thinking this but for the folks who bring their lighters, do you drain the butane out as not to cause them to potentially explode due to pressure changes?
[Reply]
14holestogie 06:30 AM 05-02-2012
Originally Posted by JJKJR:
Am I over thinking this but for the folks who bring their lighters, do you drain the butane out as not to cause them to potentially explode due to pressure changes?
You are overthinking... :-)
You can't bring butane, so fill that sucker up pre-flight.
[Reply]
shopkins82 08:59 AM 05-02-2012
I've not yet traveled with a lighter, but I've been a wet-shaver for awhile now and regularly travel with DE blades which are a no-no in carry-on. For short trips (3 nights or less) I load one blade in my DE and put it in its case in my cary-on. I've never had anything confiscated or even questioned. For longer domestic trips (up to 5 nights) when I still do cary-on only, I'll mail a few blades ahead to my hotel. For international trips I usually have a checked-bag, so it's not a problem.

I have a short trip coming up, but there will be some golf involved. I plan putting several filled Jet Lites and a few other lighters in a small tupperware in my golf bag, with a couple of small Black-Ops herfadors to get 10 or so sticks there.
[Reply]
thecatch83 09:53 PM 05-02-2012
Makes my glad I fly Navy....I bring 3 cans of butane and multiple lighters and cutters.
[Reply]
Page 2 of 2
< 12
Up