Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
All Cigar Discussion>Punch Rare Corojo Question
IlmProcess 06:36 PM 04-15-2012
I remember smoking a handful of these back in 07. I really enjoyed them—if I remember correctly they were rather spicy and had some dried fruit flavours from time to time (I think I was smoking the smallest of the bunch).

Has anyone had any of the more recent ones? How do you all like them?
[Reply]
TJtorpedo 06:58 PM 04-16-2012
I recently got one in a trade. I haven't smoked it yet, so I can't help you there, but I used to smoke them back in about '05, and the flavors you describe is how I remember them. Tasty suckers.
[Reply]
DaBear 07:02 PM 04-16-2012
Had one a few weeks ago. Wasn't bad. Can't remember much flavor wise, just remember being impressed with it.
[Reply]
IlmProcess 10:23 PM 04-17-2012
Thanks for the info guys. TJtorpedo, if you get around to smokin it sometime soon, lemme know how you like it
[Reply]
Chemyst 12:43 AM 04-18-2012
They're terrific 'bang for the buck' sticks.
I buy a box and let them sit for at least 6 months.
As a matter of fact I need to get another box,
as soon as I get some room in my VT.

Chemyst :-)
[Reply]
trendo 11:53 AM 04-18-2012
I know a lot of guys like aging the rare corojos. I smoked one the other day that I bought in 07, either my tastes have changed, or this thing was better a few years ago. I haven't smoked one of the newer ones, but I hear their pretty good, especially for the price.
[Reply]
levrac68 05:29 PM 04-18-2012
I have about a dozen left from when I got a box two years ago. Funny that I just gave my buddy one earlier today. They're a decent smoke, but not one of my go to cigars. Can't say I remember it as a full of flavor or peppery stick. I do think they've mellowed out since I first picked them up.
[Reply]
TJtorpedo 06:13 PM 04-18-2012
Originally Posted by IlmProcess:
Thanks for the info guys. TJtorpedo, if you get around to smokin it sometime soon, lemme know how you like it
I definitely will. Since we've been talking about them, I'll smoke it within a few days and post my impressions of it here.
[Reply]
IlmProcess 09:55 PM 04-18-2012
Originally Posted by TJtorpedo:
I definitely will. Since we've been talking about them, I'll smoke it within a few days and post my impressions of it here.
Cool bro, I appreciate it!
I guess it's a decent enough excuse to light one up :-)
[Reply]
TJtorpedo 06:35 PM 04-19-2012
Cool bro, I appreciate it!
I guess it's a decent enough excuse to light one up :-)
Sho is! :-) I don't need much prodding to be convinced to light up a cigar! :-)
[Reply]
TJtorpedo 12:04 PM 04-20-2012
Smoking it right now, and it's the same as I remember it, which is to say pretty tasty. I think this one is a couple years old, because the cello was a crispy yellow. It's the toro size.

It started out floral and fruity, and now about halfway in it has settled into a nice woodsey spicy groove. The wrapper is a little fragile and has cracked in a few places, and the draw is a little tight, but it's all good! I'll have to put these back on my radar to have on-hand. :-)
[Reply]
IlmProcess 12:15 PM 04-20-2012
Dig it, thanks! Sounds like they'll be on mine as well :-)
[Reply]
hammondc 12:24 PM 04-20-2012
One of my favorite NCs. Always on hand. One of my gateway cigars. PRC & the CAO Cameroon. Never did get my hands on the 10th Anniversary edition though. B&M does not have them and I don't really want a bunch of em.

Now that I think of it, I have not had the CAO in ages either.
[Reply]
Up