Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Accessory Discussion / Reviews>Clogged Blazer Little Buddy
ChicagoWhiteSox 09:41 AM 10-09-2012
My Blazer Little Buddy has taken a sh!t on me. I bought this one last spring IIRC. If I can find my receipt from amazon, I can still be covered by the warranty I hope. Problem is I don't want to fight the bs with returning it and waiting for it to hopefully get fixed. Is there a way to fix a clogged lighter? By the way, I'm assuming it's clogged because I've purged, filled, and repeated a couple times and there is zero gas running through the damn thing. I press down to light and nothing. I use Vector fuel for the record, so it's not my fuel that's clogging. Any help would be great.
[Reply]
bobarian 11:27 AM 10-09-2012
Try putting the fuel through the part where it lights. This will help purge any impurities or dust that has gotten into the top. :-)
[Reply]
ChicagoWhiteSox 05:08 PM 10-09-2012
Originally Posted by bobarian:
Try putting the fuel through the part where it lights. This will help purge any impurities or dust that has gotten into the top. :-)
Thanks Bob, we'll see what happens. This just really pisses me off because it's a Blazer. My cheapo lighters never die it seems.
[Reply]
Stevez 05:33 PM 10-09-2012
I had the same thing and struggled with taking the time/headache to look on Amazon, print the receipt mail it in, etc. It was under warranty and they "fixed" it; however, the fix only lasted a week. Never sent it back the second time.
[Reply]
ChicagoWhiteSox 05:41 PM 10-09-2012
Tried an air can to try and clear out the top..... Nothing. This thing is dead:-):-)
[Reply]
bobarian 08:39 PM 10-09-2012
Compressed air will only dislodge loose dirt or dust. Running fluid will dissolve any residue or stuck on bits. :-)
[Reply]
icehog3 11:39 PM 10-09-2012
Just fixed one of my old lighters doing this...Thanks Bob! :-)
[Reply]
Pat1075 01:38 PM 10-10-2012
I usually put rubbing alcohol on a pipe cleaner and clean off the jets. Then I hit it with the canned air. I find that this usually works pretty well.
[Reply]
ChicagoWhiteSox 01:44 PM 10-10-2012
Compressed air will only dislodge loose dirt or dust. Running fluid will dissolve any residue or stuck on bits. :-)
Bob, tried the fuel after the air can last night. It was still clogged last night, but before heading to work this morning I tried it again and it's clear now! I don't know if it needed a couple hours to rest or what, but this morning it's clear:-) Thanks bro, fingers crossed it stays clear:-)
[Reply]
bobarian 03:00 PM 10-10-2012
Glad it worked. Hope it lasts for you. :-)
[Reply]
icehog3 05:52 PM 10-10-2012
Glad it worked. Hope it lasts for you. :-)
Yeah, mine's clogged again. :-)
[Reply]
bobarian 06:54 PM 10-10-2012
:-)
[Reply]
Up