Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 1 of 2
1 2 >
Accessory Discussion / Reviews>5 fingers
Volt 06:33 AM 02-08-2009
Ok, down to less than 30 of the 5 fingers bags.... How the hell can we be expected to send a proper 5ver in a bomb with out the proper bombing materials. I tell ya, life aint fair. I mean a 3 finger bag just sounds rude :-)

:-)

Guess I need to get the 3 fingers on order before they disappear...
[Reply]
HK3- 10:11 AM 02-08-2009
Ninja turtles have three fingers and they aint so bad.

[Reply]
Genetic Defect 10:16 AM 02-08-2009
Imageso do these
[Reply]
Tenor CS 11:47 AM 02-08-2009
If 5 finger bags go the way of the dinosaur, I move that we amend the rules of things like the Newbie Sampler Trade and say that a sixer is now the norm.
[Reply]
King James 12:21 PM 02-08-2009
could use 5 singles bags, no?

Still sucks 5-finger bags are going bye bye
[Reply]
groogs 03:32 PM 02-08-2009
Originally Posted by Tenor CS:
If 5 finger bags go the way of the dinosaur, I move that we amend the rules of things like the Newbie Sampler Trade and say that a sixer is now the norm.
:-) We may just have to start sending 6 in our bombs.
[Reply]
Stonewall 12:29 AM 02-11-2009
Ok can anyone tell me where I can get some of these bags I am in desprate need of them thanks.
Josh
[Reply]
HK3- 04:32 AM 02-11-2009
Originally Posted by Big Vito:
Imageso do these

Aha, three toed sloth. They look like they may stink a little bit. :-)

Then again, turtles carry weird diseases.
[Reply]
Catfish 04:47 AM 02-11-2009
once again displaying my overwhelming n00b-i-tude....

What is a 5-finger bag?
[Reply]
Cigarcop 04:53 AM 02-11-2009
Originally Posted by Catfish:
once again displaying my overwhelming n00b-i-tude....

What is a 5-finger bag?
Just a ziplock bag thats been heat sealed in several places to make 5 individual spots so that when cigars are placed inside they don't move.

Look in the Bombs thread and you'll see them. :-)
[Reply]
Tenor CS 05:25 AM 02-11-2009
Originally Posted by Stonewall:
Ok can anyone tell me where I can get some of these bags I am in desprate need of them thanks.
Josh
Josh, they are not being made anymore, that's why we're all upset that we're running low. I ordered a thousand 3-finger bags a few months ago because the 5 fingers looked to be going extinct.

The company that made them made 3 and 5 finger models. When they sold out of 5 finger bags, they said that they were not going to make any more until they sold all of their 3 finger bags. They have TONS of 3 finger bags and it will likely take them a very long time to sell out of those.

Add to the fact that Shilala (I think) tried to contact the manufacturer and their website and phones were both down while they restructured.

Also, the design is patented, so no one else can make them.
[Reply]
wayner123 06:51 AM 02-11-2009
I am in talks now with 3 companies that all say they can make them. I plan to get samples soon. They will be to the same standard or better than the previous ones or I won't purchase them.

The only issue now is that they all have a min. order of 10,000. That's a lot of bags. I am still going to do it and I will keep you all updated.
[Reply]
ucla695 06:54 AM 02-11-2009
Originally Posted by wayner123:
I am in talks now with 3 companies that all say they can make them. I plan to get samples soon. They will be to the same standard or better than the previous ones or I won't purchase them.

The only issue now is that they all have a min. order of 10,000. That's a lot of bags. I am still going to do it and I will keep you all updated.
Oooh, this is good to hear. I imagine you won't have any problems filling the minimum order since a lot of people are running low and they aren't readily available. Please keep us informed.
[Reply]
Catfish 06:55 AM 02-11-2009
Again.... n00bness shining through.

What's the big deal with seperating the sticks from each other? Is it bad to ship them together in one qt. or ga. sized freezer bag?

I just sent my 1st PIF to Chris. in the n00bPIF thread. I bagged em, stuffed an oversized box with bubble wrap, put in a humid-eze disk and fired away. He didn't report any damage.

Is that sufficient or do I really need to think about seperating em?
[Reply]
BC-Axeman 10:09 AM 02-11-2009
Famous and others use single bags, sometimes made out of bubble wrap. They don't seem to have a problem.
But five-finger bags seem to be so perfect for the job.
[Reply]
karmaz00 10:16 AM 02-11-2009
i heard that they dicontinued the 5 finger...again i heard. dont know if thats true, but theres a thread started about buuying 10,000 of them..do a big split, thats what i did, got around 80 to 90 left.
[Reply]
chenvt 10:29 AM 02-11-2009
Originally Posted by Catfish:
Again.... n00bness shining through.

What's the big deal with seperating the sticks from each other? Is it bad to ship them together in one qt. or ga. sized freezer bag?

I just sent my 1st PIF to Chris. in the n00bPIF thread. I bagged em, stuffed an oversized box with bubble wrap, put in a humid-eze disk and fired away. He didn't report any damage.

Is that sufficient or do I really need to think about seperating em?
For cello'd cigars, no real need to since they have they're protected on their own. For uncello'd cigars, I would definetely go with 5 finger bags. I've had cigars shipped to me in a ziploc bag and because of the rattling in shipping and the cigars banging up against eachother, find little flakes of tobacco at the bottom and the occasional rip. Plus, they are great for keeping track of cigars since you can write on the bags versus putting bands on which can get lost.
[Reply]
MiamiE 10:57 AM 02-11-2009
Where can I buy the 3 finger bags?
[Reply]
eber 09:27 AM 02-12-2009
Originally Posted by HK3-:
Ninja turtles have three fingers and they aint so bad.
that is awesome and true :-):-):-):-)
[Reply]
PartagasIV 12:30 AM 02-19-2009
Any updates?
[Reply]
Page 1 of 2
1 2 >
Up