Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 1 of 3
1 23 >
Accessory Discussion / Reviews>Just bought a 600ct humi and need advice
e-man67 11:29 AM 03-18-2009
Ok...first off thanks to you people for giving me the cigar bug even worse than I previously had...now I had to upgrade my 75ct display humidor to this 600ct I just bought....now I have a cigar oasis in my 75ct that does the job really well but I am uncertain what I need for this 600ct humi....any thoughts? I was looking at the Heartfelt beads but these seem really expensive unless I am missing something...need some advise as I have already broken the bank in a week since joining this place! :-)

This thing is what I bought and for not a lot of money:
Attached: humidor600.jpg (41.9 KB) 
[Reply]
GKitty 11:39 AM 03-18-2009
Wow.. that's quite the leap. Way to jump right in!! :-)

Enjoy the freefall!
[Reply]
loki 11:42 AM 03-18-2009
my thoughts...you need cigars
[Reply]
Smokin Gator 11:43 AM 03-18-2009
That is a nice looking humi... congrats. I would go with 2 lbs of 65% beads - preferably Scott's.
[Reply]
hotreds 11:44 AM 03-18-2009
Beads are worth it. They tell you how much to buy for different size humis. You need to fill that up soon, SCHIP is coming in but two short weeks!
[Reply]
icantbejon 11:51 AM 03-18-2009
very nice looking humi. Fill that quickly or others will.
[Reply]
e-man67 12:04 PM 03-18-2009
Originally Posted by Smokin Gator:
That is a nice looking humi... congrats. I would go with 2 lbs of 65% beads - preferably Scott's.
What are Scott's beads? I have never heard of them. Are they cheaper than the heartfelt?
[Reply]
white_s2k 12:06 PM 03-18-2009
He is a member here. His SN is shilala. Shoot him a PM.
Posted via Mobile Device
[Reply]
e-man67 12:06 PM 03-18-2009
Originally Posted by hotreds:
Beads are worth it. They tell you how much to buy for different size humis. You need to fill that up soon, SCHIP is coming in but two short weeks!
Yeah, I have a bunch on the way! Are the beads reusable or do they need to be replaced? How long do they last? Sorry for the stupid questions but I have never used them.
[Reply]
e-man67 12:07 PM 03-18-2009
Originally Posted by white_s2k:
He is a member here. His SN is shilala. Shoot him a PM.
Posted via Mobile Device
Thanks man! Much appreciated!
[Reply]
DPD6030 12:07 PM 03-18-2009
Beads will last a lifetime. I haven't had to touch mine in over 5 months now. Oh and btw you should have went bigger on the humi...just saying :-)
[Reply]
e-man67 12:14 PM 03-18-2009
Originally Posted by DPD6030:
Beads will last a lifetime. I haven't had to touch mine in over 5 months now. Oh and btw you should have went bigger on the humi...just saying :-)

I have dropped big coin in the last week...for me anyway...this one may cause a divorce! Next, I am doing a walk-in! :-)
[Reply]
DPD6030 01:17 PM 03-18-2009
Originally Posted by e-man67:
I have dropped big coin in the last week...for me anyway...this one may cause a divorce! Next, I am doing a walk-in! :-)
Oh I don't doubt it Eric. I have two vinos and a cooler :-) Started with one desktop then bought another.
[Reply]
chippewastud79 01:29 PM 03-18-2009
Very nice pick up:-)

Just beads, who ever you go with, about 2 lbs should do it :-)
[Reply]
e-man67 01:32 PM 03-18-2009
Cool, thanks! I have been reading up on the Crystal Clear Litter Pearls that people have great luck with those so I am going to give them a shot I think....now I gotta build a fan!...but not tonight...I'm smokin. :-)
[Reply]
chippewastud79 01:34 PM 03-18-2009
Cool, thanks! I have been reading up on the Crystal Clear Litter Pearls that people have great luck with those so I am going to give them a shot I think....now I gotta build a fan!...but not tonight...I'm smokin. :-)
Kitty Litter will not help. There is no evidence to support them. Shilala did the research and you might need more than enough to fill your humi to even be effective. Spend the $30 or so to buy RH or HCM beads, then you won't have to monkey with anything.
[Reply]
leasingthisspace 01:34 PM 03-18-2009
You may not want to do that. Read all the threads about the litter here and you will find out they aren't what you would want to go with.

You beat me to it.
[Reply]
spectrrr 01:40 PM 03-18-2009
Originally Posted by Smokin Gator:
Originally Posted by chippewastud79:
Kitty Litter will not help. There is no evidence to support them. Shilala did the research and you might need more than enough to fill your humi to even be effective. Spend the $30 or so to buy RH or HCM beads, then you won't have to monkey with anything.
Originally Posted by leasingthisspace:
You may not want to do that. Read all the threads about the litter here and you will find out they aren't what you would want to go with.
:-)x100

I started with the heartfelt beads, and now use Shilala's beads for everything and swear by them. they WORK.

Don't use kitty litter. You WILL regret it one day. Compared to the money you spend on cigars and a nice case, the money for the beads is small... but will save you weeks of headaches in the future. And the beads will pretty much last forever.
[Reply]
marge796 01:41 PM 03-18-2009
Holy Batman that’s a nice humidor! Congratulations! And yes, hurry and buy as many of your favorites cee-gars before the tax man shows up and kicks all of us in our happy spots.

:-)
[Reply]
Drat 01:42 PM 03-18-2009
Don't cheap out on the humidification. You spend a ton of money on cigars, don't let questionable humidification ruin them. I use Heartfelt and hardly ever have to worry about them. I'd be using Scott's if I had known about them when buying my humidors, damn newbie...
[Reply]
Page 1 of 3
1 23 >
Up