Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 3 of 3
< 123
Accessory Discussion / Reviews>Xikar Vs Palio
TravelingJ 01:04 PM 03-03-2009
Originally Posted by rizzle:
I'll try to tell you how Greg tried to tell me...:-)
What you do is apply just a little pressure onto the head of the cigar as you start your cut and maintain that pressure as you make the cut. It doesn't take a lot, yet it is hard to tell you exactly how. After a couple of clips you'll have it though. A perferct cut with no more ridges.
:-)
Originally Posted by pnoon:
A picture won't help much.

When you finish cutting your cigar, you pull the cutter away from the stick. If you pull away even slightly before the cut is complete, the cut will be rough. To combat this, apply gentle pressure with the cutter toward the foot. Or to think of it another way, while cutting, gently try and push the cigar thru the opening in the cutter. (Note: you don't actually want to push the cigar thru. I am just trying to illustrate what you need to do.)

Also, you can sacrifice a dog rocket or bundled smoke to practice cutting on. a 5" or 6" smoke will give you lots of practice cuts.
Sounds great boys! Thanks for the tips, I'll pass those on to him.
[Reply]
rizzle 02:27 PM 03-03-2009
[Reply]
Pitmaster 10:58 AM 03-16-2009
I use Xikar cutters with good luck, I tied the Palio and it did cut great but it felt like a piece of crap plus the guy was a total jerk at the IPCPRA show in Vegas, based on him alone I would never use one. I did pick up the new Xikar ultra slim Image It blows tham all away in cut and comfort for me.
Mike
[Reply]
thebiglebowski 11:41 AM 03-16-2009
Originally Posted by pnoon:
A picture won't help much.

When you finish cutting your cigar, you pull the cutter away from the stick. If you pull away even slightly before the cut is complete, the cut will be rough. To combat this, apply gentle pressure with the cutter toward the foot. Or to think of it another way, while cutting, gently try and push the cigar thru the opening in the cutter. (Note: you don't actually want to push the cigar thru. I am just trying to illustrate what you need to do.)

Also, you can sacrifice a dog rocket or bundled smoke to practice cutting on. a 5" or 6" smoke will give you lots of practice cuts.
think of it this way, if you're a golfer, it's like keeping your head down when you hit the ball. if you pull your head up on contact, you'll most likely skull it.

not sure if i'm making sense, but.... hey, i'm a palio guy too!
[Reply]
canucks6024 11:02 AM 03-21-2009
I own a palio. But I forgot it when I moved away for school so I ended up buying a Xi gunmetal instead.

Palio is the solid winner. Learning curve is better, sturdiness, and overall ease of cut and the results I got were superior. Xikar wins on the 'looks' department though.
[Reply]
bobarian 12:22 AM 03-22-2009
But Palio's are ugly!:-):-):-)

There is only one! Palio!!!
[Reply]
marge796 12:48 AM 03-22-2009
I must get a Palio and see what the all the buzz is about. Thanks for making up my mind for me with this review. Chris

[Reply]
perogee 11:09 AM 03-22-2009
I love my Xikar :-)
and not a single issue with ridges, either
[Reply]
wshan 07:54 PM 03-25-2009
I like my Palio a lot. I just have the regular generic black one. Best money spent for cigars so far. It just works.
[Reply]
Page 3 of 3
< 123
Up