Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 2 of 4
< 12 34 >
Accessory Discussion / Reviews>How do you organize your humidor?
s15driftking 08:16 AM 02-18-2009
i am a stickler for "presentation" so i never could use space efficiently. A few weeks ago i was driving myself crazy because i could make it all fit while having it look nice.... So i decided to bomb the crap out fo my friends and now i am down to "spick and span" in the humi!
[Reply]
GTsetGO 10:18 AM 02-18-2009
same here. i am a little anal on how everything looks. lol

I like a clean looking humidor.
[Reply]
Thrak 11:15 AM 02-18-2009
me too, I actually sort my top tray (the one you can see thru the glass) in order of wrapper darkness... far left is ultra dark, far right is light brown. :-)

under that tray I have them sorted by brand, by type... ie - 1 stack of 5Vegas Gold next to 1 stack of 5Vegas Classic next to 1 stack 5Vegas Miami...

I guess I'm a bit anal about it as well. lol
[Reply]
Smokin Gator 11:20 AM 02-18-2009
Originally Posted by Thrak:
me too, I actually sort my top tray (the one you can see thru the glass) in order of wrapper darkness... far left is ultra dark, far right is light brown. :-)

under that tray I have them sorted by brand, by type... ie - 1 stack of 5Vegas Gold next to 1 stack of 5Vegas Classic next to 1 stack 5Vegas Miami...

I guess I'm a bit anal about it as well. lol
I'd say!!!!:-):-)
[Reply]
King James 12:02 PM 02-18-2009
I wish I had enough cigars to need some sort of organizational system lol!

I keep boxes on one half and then a few trays of singles on the other of the cooler
[Reply]
Beer Doctor 12:12 PM 02-18-2009
I organize my coolidor the only way I can (read=the only way they'll fit:-)). I've become a master at tetris.

My desktop is ordered with give aways (to non-smokers) in a smaller compartment and the keepers are in the large compartment usually arranged by size.
[Reply]
Jbailey 01:27 PM 02-18-2009

I got one packed cooler right now and a desktop. Looking at getting another cooler quickly just for boxes that I'm putting down for a long nap. That would help make some room.
[Reply]
Beer Doctor 01:35 PM 02-18-2009
Originally Posted by Jbailey:

I got one packed cooler right now and a desktop. Looking at getting another cooler quickly just for boxes that I'm putting down for a long nap. That would help make some room.
I'd like to get a new cooler too but the problem is I'll fill it up and I can't afford that:-)
[Reply]
Ragin Cajun 01:46 PM 02-18-2009
I like my smokes all in order divided by country, brand, size, and whether or not they are in the cellophane or not. Not to mention that they are all facing the same way with the band up and able to be read.
[Reply]
Skywalker 01:59 PM 02-18-2009
We are supposed to organize our cigars??? Nobody told me!!!:-)
[Reply]
Cyanide 02:46 PM 02-18-2009
Well yes....yes you are.

Otherwise, keeping different types of cigars too close together allows them to swap each others aromas and taste over time.....in essence they "marry". You don't want that, you don't want your cohibas to start tasting like your macunodos now do you?

That is, of course, if you buy into that crap. I can't say this truly happens, but why not. You don't put vanilla extract in your humi for fear that all your esplendidas will turn into swisher sweet.

Cheers
[Reply]
foomanto 04:23 PM 02-18-2009
mostly by brand then size
[Reply]
Studebaker 04:30 PM 02-18-2009
I guess I'm the non-conformist. Older ones in the top tray, newer ones in the bottom. I don't have enough to get any more anal than that.
[Reply]
DBall 05:11 PM 02-18-2009
Originally Posted by Footbag:
I sort by country, then size. If I sort by brand, it takes up way too much space.

But now, my humidor is getting to the point where my cigars from one specific country:-) are taking up more then one shelf and I'm going to have to expand to another countries shelf. It looks like my Dominican and Nicaraguan shelves are going to merge to the bottom. Only thing that I don't like is that I'm going to have to bend over to pick up my DPG's and Illusiones.:-)

I don't really have the country of origin problem, so I sort by marca. :-)
[Reply]
bobarian 05:17 PM 02-18-2009
D'Oh! You are supposed to organize them???? Like Dan, country of origin is not a problem, but I just jam the boxes in wherever they will fit. Sometimes I will consolidate dress boxes in cabinets if available.
[Reply]
nozero 05:22 PM 02-18-2009
I put cigars in it.
:-)
[Reply]
groogs 05:37 PM 02-18-2009
I have emptied all my dress boxes into small humidors that basically act like big cabs, then I cram everything else in any empty space.
[Reply]
DPD6030 07:18 PM 02-18-2009
I sort by getting another humi! :-)
[Reply]
Old Sailor 08:16 PM 02-18-2009
If you want to see organized, look at Nick's humi!:-):-)
[Reply]
Geppetto 09:52 PM 02-18-2009
Originally Posted by nozero:
I put cigars in it.
:-)

I'll 2nd that! :-)
[Reply]
Page 2 of 4
< 12 34 >
Up