Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 1 of 4
1 23 > Last »
Accessory Discussion / Reviews>How do you organize your humidor?
Footbag 04:21 PM 02-17-2009
How do you sort your cigars/boxes in your humidor? By brand, country, size, etc...

I sort by country, then size. If I sort by brand, it takes up way too much space.

But now, my humidor is getting to the point where my cigars from one specific country:-) are taking up more then one shelf and I'm going to have to expand to another countries shelf. It looks like my Dominican and Nicaraguan shelves are going to merge to the bottom. Only thing that I don't like is that I'm going to have to bend over to pick up my DPG's and Illusiones.:-)

This is an obsessive compulsive cigar smokers biggest nightmare. Never thought I'd be saying this since I bought my 3000-ct, but I should've gone bigger.:-)
[Reply]
GTsetGO 04:24 PM 02-17-2009
i have 2 humidors. a 160 ct that i built myself and a 75 count.

i store cigars that i have yet to try and might like in the 75 count. If i like the cigar after a couple of times smoking it, i buy more and they go into my larger humi.

in that humidor, they are organized by manufacturer.
[Reply]
white_s2k 04:27 PM 02-17-2009
Originally Posted by Footbag:
But now, my humidor is getting to the point where my cigars from one specific country:-) are taking up more then one shelf and I'm going to have to expand to another countries shelf. It looks like my Dominican and Nicaraguan shelves are going to merge to the bottom. Only thing that I don't like is that I'm going to have to bend over to pick up my DPG's and Illusiones.:-)
I wish I had your problem :-)
[Reply]
karmaz00 04:41 PM 02-17-2009
well i have a 100ct desktop with some everyday value smokes. (full)
1X 65L coolidor. has 50 NC singles and 7 NC boxes
1X 65L coolidor has 12 CC boxes aging.
[Reply]
ca21455 04:56 PM 02-17-2009
Interesting because I was cleaning up my cabinet yesterday. I keep brands together in the drawers but the boxes are placed where they fit best. I log everything on a spreadsheet so I can find what I need and also keep an inventory.

Been working on a walk-in humi and when that is done all the boxes will go on shelves and I will be able to walk around and admire them. :-)
[Reply]
hotreds 04:59 PM 02-17-2009
Try to keep brands together- and one big box with orphans.
[Reply]
elderboy02 05:02 PM 02-17-2009
My humis/coolers aren't organized at all. I have too many different brands/countries to keep them organized.
[Reply]
Cyanide 05:18 PM 02-17-2009
I have three "humidors". One is for CC, one is for NC, one is for orphans.

My CC humi is most organized. I sort by Marka, but since I usually only have one vitola per marka (at this point) then they are typically all the same rough size.

My NC humi is also organized by Marka. But, there is more vitola variation per brand in there. So, the space is a little more wasted there, combining with the fact that NCs tend to be larger, makes that humi quite crowded.

The orphan humi is a complete tetris game, and packed to the gills (its really a transparent box similar to a mini-pelican case...holds 30 if I give them a little squeeze)

Cheers
[Reply]
mcmoyer 05:35 PM 02-17-2009
Originally Posted by elderboy02:
My humis/coolers aren't organized at all. I have too many different brands/countries to keep them organized.
Same here...pandemonium reigns!!

:-)
[Reply]
fuubar 05:56 PM 02-17-2009
For my Vino I just hum tetris music and see what I can cram in there.

For my coffee table I keep my prized yard gars in a prominent central location and the rare and expensive sticks off to the sides. That way when new people want to try a cigar they are happy to grab a cheap stick and anyone who know better can still get to the good stuff.
[Reply]
NickyTeen 06:34 PM 02-17-2009
No method to my madness. When I get cigars I move things around to make room. Maybe someday I'll organize.
[Reply]
Smokin Gator 07:12 PM 02-17-2009
I have one Vino that is for CC aging. It is not really organized... I would say Tetrisized.

My other Vino is for NCs and single CCs. I have two drawers of NCs that are for anytime smoking. One is mostly DP blends and one is mostly gifted sticks. I also have two trays of CCs that are for anytime smoking. They are mostly gifted. A few boxes of NCs have also migrated up into that Vino.
[Reply]
HK3- 07:29 PM 02-17-2009
Mostly boxes so that's just a big game of Tetris. :-)

I have two small humis inside my big humi, one for cc singles and the other for NC singles.
[Reply]
WyGuy 07:43 PM 02-17-2009
Everything is based on size, big stuff on the bottom and small stuff up top. Don't have to many different brands so it's not a big deal to find what I want at this time.
[Reply]
troutbreath 04:55 AM 02-18-2009
I put 'em where they fit. That is all.
[Reply]
tunes 05:23 AM 02-18-2009
Organized? I just wiggle and shake, the hummi that is, until they all fit! :-)
[Reply]
ucla695 06:54 AM 02-18-2009
Originally Posted by troutbreath:
I put 'em where they fit. That is all.
:-)

It's a big game of cigar Tetris for me.
[Reply]
chenvt 07:45 AM 02-18-2009
my vinos are choc full.. I've started combining boxes together to save on space and at the same time selling some smokes that I don't plan on smoking immediately or can easily obtained
[Reply]
Kreth 07:48 AM 02-18-2009
I just have a 100-count. In the bottom I have bundles of my favorites so far. The top tray is loose singles, plus a little overflow from the bottom.
[Reply]
ChicagoWhiteSox 08:13 AM 02-18-2009
NC and CC are split up.
[Reply]
Page 1 of 4
1 23 > Last »
Up