Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Accessory Discussion / Reviews>Humidity and temperature questions
Drat 09:18 AM 04-06-2009
I just picked up a 16-bottle Avanti and tossed a hygro in there while I'm trying to get 1lb of beads. It's been holding at 60 degrees at its warmest setting. I'm ignoring the RH level until I get the beads in.

The question is this. I know that RH refers to relative humidity and cold air holds less moisture, does anybody know the comparison of 65% RH at 60 degrees to an ideal 65-68 degrees?

Am I in for some dry sticks storing them at 60 degrees?

Should I pick up 70% beads to compensate?

Thanks for any help you can offer!
[Reply]
bobarian 10:25 AM 04-06-2009
Originally Posted by Drat:
I just picked up a 16-bottle Avanti and tossed a hygro in there while I'm trying to get 1lb of beads. It's been holding at 60 degrees at its warmest setting. I'm ignoring the RH level until I get the beads in.

The question is this. I know that RH refers to relative humidity and cold air holds less moisture, does anybody know the comparison of 65% RH at 60 degrees to an ideal 65-68 degrees?

Am I in for some dry sticks storing them at 60 degrees?

Should I pick up 70% beads to compensate?

Thanks for any help you can offer!
60 degrees is a bit on the cool side. However, this could rise as ambient temps rise. You might look into installing an external thermostat like one from Johnson Controllers. This will allow you to bypass the internal thermostat an raise the temp. :-)
[Reply]
Up