Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Accessory Discussion / Reviews>New (to me) travel humi!
AD720 04:16 PM 04-03-2009
:-)

I picked this up on good old ebay -

First thing I did was pull the foam out of the humidifier and replace with a little bead bag. The digital hygro that came with it either isn't working or needs a battery but I think I'd rather have the Hygroset in there anyway.

I grabbed a handful of sticks out of the "random-NC-a-dor" and tossed them in just to see how they fit. Lots of different sizes and shapes and everything fits great. One of my complaints with my 15 count (non-Pelican style) case is that the smaller cigars have a tendency to slide around if there are some bigger ones in there proping up the foam pieces. I don't hear or feel any sticks rattling around in here at all.

Looks like I'm ready to HERF! Sadly I'm all dressed up with nowhere to go.

My question to you guys that use these trays is - are you totally comfortable putting un-celled sticks in here?
[Reply]
BamBam 04:19 PM 04-03-2009
sorry, gotta ask. How much did you get it for?

I'm nosey
[Reply]
Bruzee 04:22 PM 04-03-2009
Its nice..... Good for herfs. :-)
[Reply]
Boss Hogg 04:30 PM 04-03-2009
Looks good. I don't have one so I can't answer the un-cello sticks, but I would be curious as well.
[Reply]
HK3- 04:32 PM 04-03-2009
Nice pickup! :-)

I wouldn't worry about putting sticks in there without cello. I dont think someone else kept moldy sticks in there nor did they haul dirt inside of it. (I think :-))
[Reply]
AD720 04:36 PM 04-03-2009
Originally Posted by HK3-:
Nice pickup! :-)

I wouldn't worry about putting sticks in there without cello. I dont think someone else kept moldy sticks in there nor did they haul dirt inside of it. (I think :-))
I wasn't so much worried about mold but about wrapper damage. This material is a bit coarser than the Cigar-Caddy foam. But I'm sure I'm over thinking it.
[Reply]
ade06 04:39 PM 04-03-2009
Congrats on the new pickup!
[Reply]
Mugen910 04:43 PM 04-03-2009
Andrew replace the trays with this awesome TRAY:

And you'll get another 6 sticks in there.. :-)
[Reply]
yourchoice 04:43 PM 04-03-2009
Very nice pickup!
[Reply]
AD720 04:49 PM 04-03-2009
Originally Posted by Mugen910:
Andrew replace the trays with this awesome TRAY:

And you'll get another 6 sticks in there.. :-)
Thanks Bao, I saw those and I was going to grab 3 of the Robusto size so that way I can mix and match.

Originally Posted by yourchoice:
Very nice pickup!
Ooooh! Oooh! Somewhere to go with my new travel humi! Joel I'm crashing your garage. :-):-)
[Reply]
Mugen910 05:00 PM 04-03-2009
Originally Posted by AD720:
Thanks Bao, I saw those and I was going to grab 3 of the Robusto size so that way I can mix and match.

Ooooh! Oooh! Somewhere to go with my new travel humi! Joel I'm crashing your garage. :-):-)
Keep in mind that if you rip out that foam and humi in the top you can add another tray :-)
[Reply]
Up