Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Accessory Discussion / Reviews>Butane lighther
Barteur 07:28 PM 03-25-2009
Hi all
I read that refillable butane lighter are not permited on airplanes in the USA. Is that true? I am travelling over the weekend and would hate to lose a 100$ lighter. Since i know theres a great qty of smokers I thought I should ask.
Frenchie
[Reply]
jonharky 07:32 PM 03-25-2009
I think it is only if you carry on if you keep in your luggage you should be all right check with your airlines that would probably be the best info
[Reply]
md4958 07:33 PM 03-25-2009
torch style lighters arent allowed, but soft flame lighters are allowed in your checked baggage.

i just buy an inexpensive one when i get to my destination
[Reply]
ReggieFSULaw 09:09 PM 03-25-2009
I've flown many times with my butane lighters in my checked luggage. I don't bring my expensive one with me. Just in case.
[Reply]
TXRebel 04:00 AM 03-26-2009
Here is the link to TSA (Tear Sh!t Apart) prohibited items. I would not place anything with value in checked baggage, it will mysteriously disappear. Purchase a cheap lighter at your destination.
[Reply]
groogs 01:19 PM 03-26-2009
I would not risk loosing an expensive lighter, I have to agree with the other BOTLS and suggest buying a cheap one when you arrive at your destination.
[Reply]
Pyrokin 04:44 PM 03-26-2009
Originally Posted by :
"You need a TSA and DOT Approved Airline Torch Lighter Case.

As of August 4, 2007, the butane filled torch lighters are only allowed to be carried in checked luggage as long as they are in this TSA approved torch lighter carrying case."

http://www.elighters.com/tranzpack.html
I've had some friends use these and none of them had a problem with there lighters being confiscated.
[Reply]
Cigary 05:10 PM 03-26-2009
Originally Posted by TXRebel:
Here is the link to TSA (Tear Sh!t Apart) prohibited items. I would not place anything with value in checked baggage, it will mysteriously disappear. Purchase a cheap lighter at your destination.
I travel quite a bit and have had my lighters taken not only from my onboard luggage but checked luggage as well. I do not take my good lighters with me anymore as I just go the local Walmart and get a Ronson ligher when I land.
[Reply]
Up