Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Accessory Discussion / Reviews>Hygrometer Calibration Kit
Stonewall 01:14 AM 03-23-2009
I purchased a Boveda one step calibration kit for the hygrometer in december and opend it on the 23 of December, it states on the kit it is good for 3 months. So 3 months would be up on the 23rd of this. I bought an Xicar hygrometer today and stuck it into the bag. I am going to leave it there for three days to see where it is. I guess what I am asking is does this kit really expire? I mean it is just salt and water I am sure it is not bad right now or by the 24 wich will be three days.What do you guys think am I good?
Thanks Josh
[Reply]
md4958 06:58 AM 03-23-2009
i think that. like eggs, you still have a bit after expiration that the packet will still be good. Not sure if youre gonna get a 4th month out of it, but maybe another week.

Youve kept it sealed since you first used it right?
[Reply]
DPD6030 07:42 AM 03-23-2009
If it feels hard and not really squishy anymore pitch it. Are you using this for calibration purposes only or for humidification as well?
[Reply]
Stonewall 08:13 AM 03-23-2009
Originally Posted by md4958:
i think that. like eggs, you still have a bit after expiration that the packet will still be good. Not sure if youre gonna get a 4th month out of it, but maybe another week.

Youve kept it sealed since you first used it right?
DPD6030
Michigan MH

First Name: Andrew
Trading: (46)

Re: Hygrometer Calibration Kit

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

If it feels hard and not really squishy anymore pitch it. Are you using this for calibration purposes only or for humidification as well?

I have kept it sealed the whole time, and it is still squishy I have only used it for calabration of bolth of my hygrometer's and not my humidor. I got up this morning and it is sitting at 75% RH so I think I am pretty good but I am going to let it set until tomorrow!
Thanks for looking Josh
[Reply]
md4958 08:15 AM 03-23-2009
Originally Posted by Stonewall:
I have kept it sealed the whole time, and it is still squishy I have only used it for calabration of bolth of my hygrometer's and not my humidor. I got up this morning and it is sitting at 75% RH so I think I am pretty good but I am going to let it set until tomorrow!
Thanks for looking Josh
you should be good Josh.... but I would agree with you waiting till tomorrow. Also, you can quote somebody just by clicking "quote" on the bottom right portion of thier post. to quote more than one post, click on the " button next to quote for everybody you want to quote, then hit the quote button
[Reply]
Up