Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Accessory Discussion / Reviews>Blazer PB-207 HELP
BamBam 05:58 PM 02-14-2009
This has been my favorite lighter for more than half a year. So much in fact I sold my other lighter and made this my go to. If you own one then you know that these lighters light up the first time, every time.

Well, I dropped mine the other day out of my pocket. It fell and hit my hardwood floor. I didn't think much of it, ya know, normal wear and tear. Wrong.

Now it misses quite often when you try and light it.

Has anyone had this problem?
Does anyone know what the problem is?
Is there a way to fix this?

I keep the lighter at the highest flame position if that matters. I do find that if I depress the igniter slower than normal that it lights more often than if I depress it like I normally do.

Thanks in advance
[Reply]
groogs 07:08 PM 02-14-2009
Try to adjust the electronic ignition. I had a lighter that would never light and I played with the little igniter on top of the jet and it has worked great ever since.
[Reply]
BamBam 07:48 PM 02-14-2009
Originally Posted by groogs:
Try to adjust the electronic ignition. I had a lighter that would never light and I played with the little igniter on top of the jet and it has worked great ever since.
actually didn't know it was an electronic ingnition. This would make sense though, seeing as it fell on the floor. It had to of jarred something loose like that.

Anyone know how I can adjust the electronic ignition?
[Reply]
groogs 08:03 PM 02-14-2009
Look at the torch (where the flame comes from) and you should see a little metal piece that arcs on the side of the lighter to light the butane. That is what I fiddled with to fix my lighter. Sometimes they get bumped and don't create a good arc.
[Reply]
BamBam 12:59 PM 02-15-2009
WOW...that was the problem. I took a screwdriver and pushed the metal piece down a little. It felt like it went down lower with ease which tells me it must have been too far up. This had to have jarred loose in the fall. The lighter is lighting everytime now.

THANKS GROOGS....THROW THIS MAN A SMOKE RING.
[Reply]
groogs 01:34 PM 02-15-2009
I am glad it worked.:-)
[Reply]
Up