Linus 02:34 PM 11-07-2008
Originally Posted by AriesOpusX:
Lets lay this out in plain english...

No boobies for avatars. :-)
Or other various "body parts"? :-)
[Reply]
Squid 04:24 PM 11-07-2008
Originally Posted by taltos:
I hate to take down my Marine Corps flag. Can I keep it up until after November 10 (USMC Birthday)?:-)
Come on mods, please let this brother keep the flag of my SISTER Service up for a while longer! :-)
[Reply]
nozero 04:41 PM 11-07-2008
Hope I'm not overstepping bounds, but I'm of the opinion that if the mod staff has an issue with a particular avatar, it should be taken up with that inmate, rather than to address the masses.

It may also be a good idea to post something in the site rules about what will be considered acceptable and what will not.

Another option here, that may take some major programming to implement, is to have the avatars all be processed through the system and approved by one of the mods prior to acceptance.

Just my opinion FWIW.

Respectfully,
Michael
[Reply]
shilala 04:46 PM 11-07-2008
Originally Posted by poker:
The Team of 11 has now agreed to make all smartass's have Hello Kitty avatars. Changes will take effect within the hour.:-)
Do Al first, PLEASE!!! hehehe
[Reply]
Genetic Defect 04:52 PM 11-07-2008
Originally Posted by nozero:
Hope I'm not overstepping bounds, but I'm of the opinion that if the mod staff has an issue with a particular avatar, it should be taken up with that inmate, rather than to address the masses.

It may also be a good idea to post something in the site rules about what will be considered acceptable and what will not.

Another option here, that may take some major programming to implement, is to have the avatars all be processed through the system and approved by one of the mods prior to acceptance.

Just my opinion FWIW.

Respectfully,
Michael
its a new policy or heads up intended for all to follow.
[Reply]
poker 06:31 PM 11-07-2008
Originally Posted by nozero:

Just my opinion FWIW.

Respectfully,
Michael
Thanks Michael.

We have usually always left options like avatars up to the members to decide what is appropriate and not appropriate in the past. We feel that most everyone here is an adult and can think for themselves. We would prefer to allow the members to decide first.

97% or so of the members here are familiar with how we ran other boards, and pretty much know the ground rules have not changed here.
The other 3% or so of the members we hope would read the stickies. This way it does not appear to be a targeted rule to the few in violation, but rather a general policy for everyone. This way nobody feels singled out per say.

The other suggestion of avatar processing would be too much work to be honest.

We have talked about this for some time behind closed doors and never said anything until now.

Trust me, nothing much is done here on an administrative level without plenty of dialog and feedback with the staff.

There is a definite plan in place on how this will be done.

Your feedback is appreciated though.

Thank you

Kelly
[Reply]
nozero 02:32 PM 11-09-2008
Originally Posted by poker:
Thanks Michael.

We have usually always left options like avatars up to the members to decide what is appropriate and not appropriate in the past. We feel that most everyone here is an adult and can think for themselves. We would prefer to allow the members to decide first.

97% or so of the members here are familiar with how we ran other boards, and pretty much know the ground rules have not changed here.
The other 3% or so of the members we hope would read the stickies. This way it does not appear to be a targeted rule to the few in violation, but rather a general policy for everyone. This way nobody feels singled out per say.

The other suggestion of avatar processing would be too much work to be honest.

We have talked about this for some time behind closed doors and never said anything until now.

Trust me, nothing much is done here on an administrative level without plenty of dialog and feedback with the staff.

There is a definite plan in place on how this will be done.

Your feedback is appreciated though.

Thank you

Kelly
Kelly,

Thanks very much for the detailed and articulate reply! My you all succeed in your endeavor.

Respectfully,
Michael
[Reply]
Bad Finger 01:26 PM 01-16-2012
Can someone please tell me about the Avatar requirements rather than rules?

As in, what needs to be done in order to upload a working GIF file for animation? I see members have this working, but for some reason I can't get my gif avatar that works on all my other forums to work here. Is there some specific requirement that I'm missing?

Thanks for the help in advance!
[Reply]
emopunker2004 01:29 PM 01-16-2012
Originally Posted by Bad Finger:

As in, what needs to be done in order to upload a working GIF file for animation? I see members have this working, but for some reason I can't get my gif avatar that works on all my other forums to work here. Is there some specific requirement that I'm missing?

PM Blak Smyth. He's been the one making peoples avatars
[Reply]
NCRadioMan 01:36 PM 01-16-2012
Originally Posted by emopunker2004:
PM Blak Smyth. He's been the one making peoples avatars
That has absolutely nothing to do with what he asked. :-)
[Reply]
Blak Smyth 01:38 PM 01-16-2012
Originally Posted by Bad Finger:

The maximum size of your custom image is 100 by 100 pixels or 146.5 KB (whichever is smaller).
It looks like you got it working, that is pretty awesome!
[Reply]
Bad Finger 01:39 PM 01-16-2012
Actually, I found out my answer. Most sites have a 120x120 policy, here it's 100x100px. Got it handled! Thanks again ya'll!
[Reply]
emopunker2004 01:51 PM 01-16-2012
Originally Posted by NCRadioMan:
That has absolutely nothing to do with what he asked. :-)
sure it does. Shane has been making many GIF avatars for people. It would stand to reason he would know exactly what neeeds to be done to upload a working GIF avatar...
[Reply]
pnoon 02:38 PM 01-16-2012
Take it to PMs please.
Posted via Mobile Device
[Reply]
Da Klugs 02:49 PM 01-16-2012
Things were running late at lunch today... ate my salad and soup in under 5 minutes. :-)
[Reply]
landhoney 03:00 PM 01-16-2012
Originally Posted by Da Klugs:
Things were running late at lunch today... ate my salad and soup in under 5 minutes. :-)
Soup AND salad......fancy-shmancy.
[Reply]
Bad Finger 03:30 PM 01-17-2012
I see somebody enjoyed the creepiness of an avatar staring at you! :-)
[Reply]
Espresso 09:07 AM 12-30-2012
Poker, I agree 100%. I know I am new here and know this thread is old. But have been admin. & moderator of many forums. There is absolutely zero need for that. Even on a unmoderated forum that is a rule... Would your mother or boss like it?
[Reply]
688sonarmen 09:14 AM 12-30-2012
Originally Posted by Espresso:
Poker, I agree 100%. I know I am new here and know this thread is old. But have been admin. & moderator of many forums. There is absolutely zero need for that. Even on a unmoderated forum that is a rule... Would your mother or boss like it?
Who farted?
[Reply]
Page 2 of 2
< 12
Up