Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Accessory Discussion / Reviews>Which woodglue for inside coolerdor?
Aloxite 04:27 PM 05-29-2010
I'm building some Spanish Cedar racks for inside my coolerdor. I bought a big Igloo (125 quart IIRC) that has five sets of slots in the sides that will make perfect dados for holding shelves or drawers when the cooler is standing on end. I also bought some Spanish Cedar that I am going to use to build some drawers and shelves.

My plan is to resaw the cedar into 1/2" thick material for the shelves. For the drawers I've got a couple of different ideas I'm kicking around but they will likely be built up from slats in a grid.

So I need a glue that will hold up to the moisture inside and won't give off any vapors that could affect the flavor of the cigars. Anyone have any recommendations on what glue would be appropriate?
[Reply]
Ogre 04:37 PM 05-29-2010
I would think a hot glue gun would do well. I have used one for many projects (not a cooler) never noticed a smell and not a problem with moisture. I use it for outdoor projects in Florida.
[Reply]
thebayratt 08:36 PM 05-29-2010
Titebond 2

Its "food safe" and moisture resistant, or check out titebond 3 i think its more moisture resistant (but not sure on food safe)
[Reply]
sjnovakovich 06:01 AM 05-30-2010
Check out Gorilla Glue.
[Reply]
DonnieW 07:04 AM 05-30-2010
Originally Posted by thebayratt:
Titebond 2

Its "food safe" and moisture resistant, or check out titebond 3 i think its more moisture resistant (but not sure on food safe)
+1
[Reply]
DonnieW 07:06 AM 05-30-2010
Originally Posted by sjnovakovich:
Check out Gorilla Glue.
But not the regular one, rather, "Gorilla Wood Glue" which is safe.
[Reply]
Aloxite 03:57 PM 06-08-2010
I ended up using Titebond 3. It worked great and didn't have any real odor that I noticed. It has the same FDA food rating as Titebond 2. I'll try to get pictures up soon.
[Reply]
Up