Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 2 of 2
< 12
Accessory Discussion / Reviews>Freezidor
T.G 09:43 AM 06-14-2010
Originally Posted by Dark Jester:
. It's currently going to spend a couple days with the door off on my deck airing out, and it still needs a good bleach scrubbing. There aren't any odors or anything in it, I'm not taking chances though.
Originally Posted by Dark Jester:
Probably explains why the interior walls are sheet metal instead of plastic too. I was pleasantly surprised to find the metal interior.

For lack of knowing how the interior panels are plated or clear coated, I would recommend going easy on the abrasives when scrubbing down, so you don't damage them. If the plating / coating is thin, you could scrape right through it and end up creating a serious corrosion issue down the road.

An old cotton t-shirt and a mixture of bleach and water should be sufficient to clean it and shouldn't risk damaging the coatings/plating. For stubborn spots, a nylon bristle brush like those used to clean pots and pans should be sufficient. I would avoid abrasive cleaners like Ajax, comet, etc. and things like scotchbrite pads.
[Reply]
Dark Jester 10:49 AM 06-14-2010
I was just going to sand it down to metal and do a primer and base coat before doing some designs on it. The exterior does have a couple scratches that are down to the metal already. I don't think I'll do anything with the interior. No scratches or anything there.
[Reply]
Page 2 of 2
< 12
Up