Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 1 of 2
1 2 >
Island (The other ones) Reviews>Best Tat Yet!!!
longknocker 08:23 AM 08-29-2010
Most Of You Know I'm A Tat 'hore; I Love Them All. I Bought A 5'er From Jim, "Kenyan Sand Boa" & Received Them On 8/17/10
These Are The New Release "Pork Tenderloins" 5 1/8 X 52RG, Broadleaf Maduro With Nicaraguan Filler & Binder. They Actually Smell Like A Nice Rare Steak!
On With The Review:
I Detected A Nice Mixture Of Flavors Initially: Touch Of Spice, Pepper, & "Tanginess", Just Like I Like My Smokes. Draw & Burn Were Excellent; Strong Ash of 1.5 Inches As You Can See.

Here's A Close Up Of The Nice Triple Cap. Strong Nicotine In This Bad Boy, Not As Much As An Opus X Or Chisel, But Still There. Make Sure You Eat Something Before Smoking This One. Also, Smoke This Beauty Slowly; At Least 1-1.5 Minutes Between Puffs. He Won't Go Out On You, And He Gets A Little Harsh If You Smoke Too Fast.
Here's The Nub: 80 Minutes Of Pure Bliss! Flavors Were Basically The Same Throughout: Touch Of Spice, Pepper, A Little Sweetness, & That Typical Tat "Tanginess" That I Love! Price Point Is Around $10/ Stick. Thanks Again, Jim, For The Awesome 5'er! This Is Definitely Boxworthy & No.1 On My Tat List So Far!:-)
[Reply]
GreekGodX 08:25 AM 08-29-2010
Awesome review Greg :-) Love the pics. Made me feel like I was smoking one too :-)
[Reply]
kelmac07 08:25 AM 08-29-2010
Great review Greg...I torched one last week and enjoyed it as well. :-) :-)
[Reply]
bigliver 08:25 AM 08-29-2010
Burned my first one of these tonight as well. Spot on with the review in my opinion. I'm kind of bummed I only have four left.
[Reply]
neoflex 08:26 AM 08-29-2010
Awesome review Greg. I am hoping these are not as good as everyone has been saying simply because I know I will kick myself for not jumping on more than a 5er.
[Reply]
Adriftpanda 08:26 AM 08-29-2010
Yeah, this was a good one. Much better than the La Verite and it cost a whole lot less!

This cigar really hit me, I had to lay down.
[Reply]
longknocker 08:31 AM 08-29-2010
Originally Posted by Adriftpanda:
Yeah, this was a good one. Much better than the La Verite and it cost a whole lot less!

Huy, What Was Interesting Was I Felt The Nicotine "Kick" During The First 1/3. Very Unusual For Me; Since I Usually Smoke Full Bodied Sticks.:-)
[Reply]
Ahbroody 08:33 AM 08-29-2010
Its okay Mary just make sure you put your big boy pants on next time. :-)

side note. Had the new Petit Cazadore the other day at West Coast. I tried a few puffs of Mikeys. I bought 3 afterwards. For under 4 bucks its a damn good stick.
[Reply]
TripleF 08:35 AM 08-29-2010
Great review brother!! I look forward to experiencing one of these some day!! :-)
[Reply]
Adriftpanda 08:35 AM 08-29-2010
Greg, why did you capitalize every word?

You felt the kick 1/3? Hmmm that's interesting, I really didn't feel it till about 20 after I smoked the cigar lol. I seriously thought I had to throw up... I have a couple more. Gonna sit on them for awhile since I am not a fan of smoking full bodied smokes often.
[Reply]
longknocker 08:41 AM 08-29-2010
Greg, why did you capitalize every word?

You felt the kick 1/3? Hmmm that's interesting, I really didn't feel it till about 20 after I smoked the cigar lol. I seriously thought I had to throw up... I have a couple more. Gonna sit on them for awhile since I am not a fan of smoking full bodied smokes often.
:-) That's My "Mo". Everybody Rags Me About It, So I Keep On!:-)
[Reply]
marge796 08:45 AM 08-29-2010
I too bought some of these beauties! I can't wait to light one up!

:-)

Chris.....
[Reply]
Don Fernando 09:25 AM 08-29-2010
Originally Posted by longknocker:
:-) That's My "Mo". Everybody Rags Me About It, So I Keep On!:-)
my 6 year old niece does the same :-)
[Reply]
longknocker 09:26 AM 08-29-2010
Originally Posted by Don Fernando:
my 6 year old niece does the same :-)
:-) I'm Still A "Kid" At Heart, Brother!:-)
[Reply]
CigarNut 10:40 AM 08-29-2010
Thanks for the fine review Greg! I agree -- this is definitely a great cigar!
[Reply]
G G 11:58 AM 08-29-2010
Nice review.
[Reply]
ScottishSmoker 02:35 PM 08-29-2010
I love this cigar...I am so happy I was able to snag a bundle from the shop in Boston that I can't spell off the top of my head....great review!
[Reply]
bigdix 03:06 AM 08-30-2010
Great review, definitely gotta try and get my hands on one now!
[Reply]
bigliver 03:38 AM 08-30-2010
Originally Posted by bigdix:
Great review, definitely gotta try and get my hands on one now!
I got you covered bro.
[Reply]
issues 06:54 AM 08-30-2010
Great review Greg!!!

I wasn't happy I missed out on these but I really didn't have the funds to jump on them.

Ah well, you can't try them all. :-)
[Reply]
Page 1 of 2
1 2 >
Up