Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 1 of 4
1 23 > Last »
Island (The other ones) Reviews>Tatuaje Black Label Tubo
rhmalone 01:38 PM 03-04-2010
I wish I had something in the way of a review to offer here, but honestly I found this cigar to be much like what I'd imagine smoking piss would be like.

DISGUSTING!

That said, I'd like to hear other responses, cause maybe I just got a really bad stick or didn't age it enough, or something.

Until today, I've yet to meet a Tat I didn't like... but this my friends was damn awful.
[Reply]
Darrell 01:40 PM 03-04-2010
How would you smoke piss?

Just wondering.
[Reply]
Scottw 01:41 PM 03-04-2010
Originally Posted by Darrell:

Just wondering.
Through a straw:-)
[Reply]
Hippi3Slay3r 02:08 PM 03-04-2010
Im just wondering was the end of the black you smoked cut or bunched I have several, some cut some bunched and the cut ones seem to have a sour/bitter after taste. Not sure if thats the issue here I was hoping it was just a RH issue :-)

~Kyle
[Reply]
Uflbassin 02:14 PM 03-04-2010
This cigar is good IMO but, it needs time. Had one when they first came out, not even close to ready. There were some excellent flavors there, but they didn't really shine through like on the other tat blacks I've had, and the cigar started getting harsh about half way through. I'm letting the ones I have sit in the humi at least a year before I light them up.:-)
[Reply]
Tripp 02:18 PM 03-04-2010
I wonder if mine was a fluke, because it was FANTASTIC!
[Reply]
Mr.Goodfella 03:03 PM 03-04-2010
The Verocu tubo is a little better than the Black tubo but not by much. I am very disappointed with the Verocu purchase and I am glad I smoked a single black tubo before buying them. The black tubo was horrible from start to finish. I had to relight the SOB about 5 times throughout the smoke but I was destined to finish it. No flavor and any that came from it tasted like poo.
Did anyone have any tar issues coming out the head? Mine was oozing after the halfway point; I had the same problem with the black robusto's. If I had to rate the black tubo it would have probably been around 75-78
[Reply]
NCRadioMan 03:13 PM 03-04-2010
I have found that the Black's are best when dry. Very dry. Never have been a fan of them though.
[Reply]
montecristo#2 09:28 PM 03-04-2010
I bought a couple of the jars and when I first smoked the corona gorda, I was not impressed. I tried one about a year later and it was considerably better.

When I lit up the black tubo, it reminded me of smoking the corona gorda fresh and I was not that impressed as well. I am hoping these age similar to the ones from the jar.

I actually bought several boxes of the black tubos, I took half of them out of the tubes to age in the humidor so I can compare tube versus no tube. I think I want these to age faster, which will happen better without the tube.
[Reply]
srduggins 11:31 AM 03-05-2010
I enjoyed the one I had on release, even though it was wet, had a tight draw and needed several relights. All correctible problems with some time in the humi.
[Reply]
Emjaysmash 11:34 AM 03-05-2010
So would one store these in tubo with or with out the cap on? Should I take mine out of the tubo entirely? I really want these to be awesome smokes. Lemme know what you guys have tried and if it works.
[Reply]
azcards83 11:39 AM 03-05-2010
Have a box also, the 1 that ive smoked so far was decent, but subpar in compared to expectations. Going to take the caps off the tubes and leave them in the coolerdor for a few months. M.J., might not be a bad idea to do the same, think they may dry out a little better with the caps off.
[Reply]
hotreds 11:39 AM 03-05-2010
Reckon I'll let my four sit for a good while!
[Reply]
Tripp 11:39 AM 03-05-2010
I stored mine without the cap on the tube, and both the red and black that I had were fantastic.
[Reply]
Darrell 11:39 AM 03-05-2010
I'm over Tatuaje. :-)
[Reply]
elderboy02 11:42 AM 03-05-2010
Since I have 48 Tat Blacks, I guess you could say I am a fan :-)

And no, I don't think they taste like piss. :-)
[Reply]
Emjaysmash 11:43 AM 03-05-2010
I'm over Tatuaje. :-)
Ha, no wonder you sold em to me... :-)
[Reply]
Tripp 11:44 AM 03-05-2010
Originally Posted by elderboy02:
Since I have 48 Tat Blacks, I guess you could say I am a fan :-)

And no, I don't think they taste like piss. :-)
:-)
[Reply]
rhmalone 12:59 PM 03-05-2010

Just wondering.
Hopefully you wouldn't actually (it was the first thought that flooded my mind, so I went with it--for better or worse).

Originally Posted by Hippi3Slay3r:
Im just wondering was the end of the black you smoked cut or bunched I have several, some cut some bunched and the cut ones seem to have a sour/bitter after taste. Not sure if thats the issue here I was hoping it was just a RH issue :-)

~Kyle
It was bunched.

Originally Posted by Emjaysmash:
So would one store these in tubo with or with out the cap on? Should I take mine out of the tubo entirely? I really want these to be awesome smokes. Lemme know what you guys have tried and if it works.
I was told they have a tendency to mold if left in the tubo, so I took mine out completely. I don't know how true a statement that was, but why risk it?
[Reply]
Powers 01:47 PM 03-05-2010
I took mine out of the tube as well, lettin' it rest a few more months before i try it
[Reply]
Page 1 of 4
1 23 > Last »
Up