Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Island (The other ones) Reviews>Di Grisogno for women only corona
Don Fernando 07:24 AM 04-24-2018
Today is international women’s day so this De Grisogono Geneve For Women Only cigars, a 5 1/2×42 Dominican made cigar seems like the right fit. If you have never heard of those cigars, you’re not alone since De Grisogono Geneve is a Swiss jewelry and watch company and not a cigar company and I don’t think these cigars were ever released seriously. Now I do think its complete bullshit to advertise certain cigars as ‘women only’ or ‘for men’ as Oliveiros did with their XXL. There are just good cigars and bad cigars, thick cigars and thin cigars and both are made for men & women. Women can enjoy the same cigars as men and vice versa. Now hold your horses, before you start screaming ‘snowflake’, ‘liberal’ or even ‘libtard’, i’m not saying men and women are the same, there are undeniable biological differences, there are fields of expertise in which women preform better, other fields men preform better so I won’t be saying we are the same as women, i’m only saying men & women don’t need ‘only for this gender’ cigars, it’s bull crap.

A friend of mine had a bunch of these cigars, he said the came from a hotel in Switzerland and he gave me a couple. The cigars are made in the Dominican Republic with Dominican filler and binder and a Connecticut Shade wrapper from the USA and it appears that there was a 6×52 Torpedo too but that didn’t have the For Women Only behind the name.

The cigar has a black ring, glossy, with a golden logo and white lettering saying De Grisogno Geneve and on the back gold letters saying FOR WOMEN ONLY. The cigar is quite dark for a Connecticut Shade wrapper and you can see a thick vein from the binder underneath the thin wrapper. The cigar feels evenly packed and the shape of the head is nice. When I smell the cigar I smell nothing, nothing at all.

Due to the thin ring gauge I decided to cut. The cold draw is good yet almost flavorless. After lighting I taste a nasty coffee and wood. After a quarter of an inch I taste some wood and petroleum. Halfway it’s a little stronger wood, mild hazelnut and still a mild petrol flavor. The final third starts harsh and bitter, I now taste that typical mustiness that comes with Connecticut Shade but at least the petrol has gone.

The draw is great yet the smoke is thin and medium in volume. The light colored ash is dense and firm. The burn on this medium bodied and medium flavored cigar is straight. The smoke time is an hour and ten minutes.

Would I buy this cigar again? Never!

Score: 73

https://cigarguideorg.wordpress.com/...n-only-corona/
[Reply]
mosesbotbol 07:45 AM 04-24-2018
That's disappointing as De Grisogono is a prestigious brand and worthy of a good cigar. Their marketing idea becomes a fail if the cigar is no good.

How does this end up being the cigar they go with? Who decides? It sounds like a cigar smoker wasn't one of them.
[Reply]
Up