Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Island (The other ones) Reviews>NOOB Review: Davidoff cigar aniversario no. 3
Byaah 05:52 AM 08-23-2014
So this was a much longer smoke than anticipated. Good thing imo but a bit much for me at the stage for me. I think I should handle smaller (shorter) cigars.

The Aroma: It was very pleasant all around. Loved the smell pre-smoke and during, just great.

The Burn: Had minimal problems (until the end) but I am sure I messed it up, great solid even burn.

The Taste: A-m-a-z-i-n-g. Now I am very sure my palate is no where near developed but I will try and explain what I "thought" I tasted. It was a very smooth and creamy cigar. At times it felt like there may be a very mild coffee or butterscotch aftertaste to it. All around just smooth and sweet to me.

The Aftertaste: Just really sweet. It leaves me making kinda smacking noises to let air over my palate, just taste really great.

I would love to smoke this all the time but as a 20+ dollar cigar, I will have to make this a special occasion only (I could not wait for my bday so I smoked it early, hehe)

Since I am new to this, if someone has a nice format or tips for things I should look for to make a better review and to better understand what I am doing I am all ears (eyes)!
[Reply]
Porch Dweller 06:43 AM 08-23-2014
Nice first review! One thing that can help you pick out flavors is a cigar flavor or taste wheel. Just google that and you'll see dozens. It can help you make the jump from thinking things like "This cigar has a spicy taste to it" to "This cigar has a spicy taste to it with hints of nutmeg, pepper, and a touch of clove."

Also, if you don't already, try and develop the ability to retrohale. You will be amazed at how much more tasty your cigars are when you occasionally exhale out your nose. Here's a good thread on retrohaling, or "snorking" as it's often called: http://www.cigarasylum.com/vb/showth...ight=retrohale
[Reply]
Chainsaw13 06:47 AM 08-23-2014
Excellent review. I'm like you, at the price point, the Davidoff's are a treat cigar.
[Reply]
Byaah 06:36 PM 08-23-2014
Originally Posted by Porch Dweller:
Nice first review!

Thank you very much! ^_^

One thing that can help you pick out flavors is a cigar flavor or taste wheel. Just google that and you'll see dozens. It can help you make the jump from thinking things like "This cigar has a spicy taste to it" to "This cigar has a spicy taste to it with hints of nutmeg, pepper, and a touch of clove."

Ok, I definitly will do this, I had so many taste going on I don't really know how to describe them, like a familiar song and you can hum the tune but don't know the artist or song name!

Also, if you don't already, try and develop the ability to retrohale. You will be amazed at how much more tasty your cigars are when you occasionally exhale out your nose. Here's a good thread on retrohaling, or "snorking" as it's often called
I accidentally posted on that forum you linked me to, I meant to thank YOU for the link!!! I had never heard of this, but it makes perfect sense really. Thank you.
[Reply]
Porch Dweller 08:41 PM 08-23-2014
Originally Posted by Byaah:
Thank you very much! ^_^

Ok, I definitly will do this, I had so many taste going on I don't really know how to describe them, like a familiar song and you can hum the tune but don't know the artist or song name!

I accidentally posted on that forum you linked me to, I meant to thank YOU for the link!!! I had never heard of this, but it makes perfect sense really. Thank you.
:-) You're welcome!
[Reply]
Up