Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Island (The other ones) Reviews>Diesel Hair of the Dog Churchill
badbriar 09:17 AM 06-15-2014
Quick review on the Diesel HOTD in Churchill 7 x 50 vitola. I usually don't go for Churchill size cigars, preferring coronas and belicosos. This stick was imposing with it's length and pungent aroma. No doubt this one would be a powerhouse.
Using a 9 punch, the draw was perfect, with a very slight resistance. Torching went well and then the first draw... WOW! Lots of flavors right off the bat - almost overwhelming. I wondered if this was going to be a bit too much, but things settles in well with notes of strong, slightly sweet tobacco, coffee and earthiness. Later, the sweetness faded and was replaces with a cedar and nice burning wood flavor - still the strong tasty tobacco. Burn was perfect with no issues. This was a strong stick that only got more potent as it burned. There were definite transitions throughout. This stick came to me from a BOTL sale here and had some good rest before meeting the fire. IMHO, a very good cigar and highly recommended. Glad I have several more! :-)
RR
[Reply]
the jiggler 01:01 PM 06-15-2014
For me the Diesels are hit or miss (I like the crucible and unlimited maduro) and I too am not a regular Churchill guy but I really like this stick. Review is ftmp my experience to a T.
[Reply]
TJtorpedo 06:59 PM 06-15-2014
Same here, Diesels are hit or miss for me, but I thoroughly enjoyed this stick. I had the robusto size and it kept me on my toes from start to finish. Picked it up on the devil site as a single for a couple bucks, and for having next to no expectations, I was very pleasantly surprised.
[Reply]
Up