Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Island (The other ones) Reviews>[Cheap] Quorum Shade Torpedo.
Reaver2145 04:46 PM 02-14-2012
A it was my last quorum left i decided to smoke it today now when purchased in America in the 20 bundles these things are dirt cheap at less than $1.50 a stick unfortunately the same cannot be said for England where that $1.50 rockets up to £8.99 or about $15 EACH!!!

Knowing this im going to base this review on the American price tag as its no where near good enough if im valuing it at nine quid.

Construction - Pretty damn good is all i can say for such a cheap smoke no veins or soft spots and the draw is just perfect.

Pre light - I got hints of dry toast and tobacco with a slight sweetness.

1/2 - No im not going to do this in thirds as to me there's really only half's with this stick the first half is alot like the pre draw its toasty and tobacco with a slight sweetness and medium amounts of smoke i would also say this is just a touch over medium mild atm.

Burn - So far its razor sharp.

2/2 - Now we are having pretty much every flavour replaced with a roasted salted peanut/nutty flavour with some light cedar mixed in this pretty much continues to the end of the smoke.

Burn - Still razor sharp no touching up at all.

All in all for the price its a good little every day smoke its nothing special but im happy to do the gardening or walk the dog with it and not really care if it gets dropped or explodes as its just nice to smoke nothing more.
[Reply]
ApexAZ 07:22 AM 02-15-2012
Thanks for the review, Simon. I've never heard of these. Will have to check it out.
[Reply]
Reaver2145 07:40 AM 02-15-2012
I spose it depends on how many bargin bucket bundles you buy seeing how cheap NCs are im not too surprised these fly under the radar.
[Reply]
Subvet642 07:51 AM 02-15-2012
The B&M in my neighborhood has these, I'll have to check 'em out.
[Reply]
ArgusP2 12:36 PM 02-15-2012
I've had these back when I was just starting out. If I remember correctly, they were a very good cheap smoke.

I agree on the "razor sharp burn" but as I was still starting out I did not get the nuances you did.

Thanks for the review!
[Reply]
macsauce13 12:44 PM 02-15-2012
The guy who owns my B&M sells a TON of these. I bought a couple and really didn't like them at all, but I seem to be in the minority. The quality and construction was really nice, just didn't have any positive attributes in terms of taste/flavor.
[Reply]
Zeuceone 01:12 PM 02-15-2012
Tried these when I first started and it gave me a headache.. Flavor was not so great.
[Reply]
lenguamor 01:40 PM 02-15-2012
Great review, thanks!
[Reply]
TJtorpedo 06:29 PM 02-15-2012
Liked the review. I used to buy two and three of these at a time, and just keep them in my glove compartment! Decent enough to tool around with, but hells to the no if I gotta pay $15 for one!
[Reply]
TXSmokey 08:45 PM 05-31-2014
I bought a bundle of these about a year ago ($25-$30 for the bundle). they aren't bad, a good every day smoke that wont break the bank.
[Reply]
borndead1 11:40 AM 08-09-2014
These honestly aren't bad for a cheapo, mixed filler cigar. The construction is decent and the (very mild) flavor isn't bad at all.

Thanks for the review.
[Reply]
Up