Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 3 of 3
< 123
All Cigar Discussion>Christmas Day smokes.........
M1903A1 09:52 PM 12-25-2008
After a homemade dinner of duck a l'orange, a 2000 Hoyo des Dieux and a Parti Short. :-):-)
[Reply]
Sailchaser 10:00 PM 12-25-2008
Had a lovely 601 hand rolled for desert tonight. Full flavor with an easy light and a full tight white ash all the way to the nub. The flavor just kept getting better and better and stronger. Went for a walk with the stick to the end of the block and in the heavy winds it burned straight and full circle. The flavor was strong but easy on the draw. The taste was strong but not harsh with a hint of sweetness that I could not find a matching describtion for. A special thanks to Sailkat for picking up the sticks for me:-)
[Reply]
shvictor 10:15 PM 12-25-2008
I have had no smokes since Sat. Stupid cold :-)
[Reply]
Ratters 10:18 PM 12-25-2008
Had ham with some mashed potatoes and stuffing for dinner. Followed with a Camacho Triple Maduro. Great all the way around. :-)
[Reply]
Skywalker 10:30 PM 12-25-2008
Ham, turkey, mashed potatoes, yams, stuffing, chili... CAO Extreme before dinner and a DPG JJ Natural after dinner!!! Great Christmas!!!!
[Reply]
havana_lover 12:17 AM 12-26-2008
meet at the club on the morning of the 24th, had a cigar that was rolled for me torpedo format very nice cigar good thing I have 3 more :-)

then with a glass of very nice single malt after breakfast (really need to find out the name of that stuff) and a Bolivar Belicoso Fino my absolute favorite cigar ever.. Yesterday had a boli corona.. today, well see..
[Reply]
bobarian 12:32 AM 12-26-2008
PL Lonsdale RE with coffe this morning. 99 Upmann PC in the afternoon. VR Maestros after a prime rib dinner with my youngest daughter. Finished the night with a Rafael Gonzalez CE. A great Christmas with some fine smokes. Makes up for the disappointing Siglo VI(fugazzi?) I had yesterday. :-)
[Reply]
Partagaspete 02:03 AM 12-26-2008
I woke up with no voice and my wife said it was her best Christmas present ever :-) but when my voice came back I realized I felt much better than all week long so after lunch I had a Padilla Serie 68 Torp. and sure enough I could taste it well. I do prefer the lancero better but it was good. So after dinner I went into the Garage with a Trinadad Reyes that I have had for so many years I forgot about it...Wow. I love these little guys. Followed up by a Tat coronu 2006, not as good as the 2003 but very nice. I hope everyone had a Merry Christmas.

T
[Reply]
csbrewfisher 09:04 AM 12-26-2008
I smoked a Padron 1926 Maduro Torpedo yesterday. Although milder than I'm used to, it was very tasty indeed.
[Reply]
awsmith4 09:51 AM 12-26-2008
Started with a Greycliff Grand Cru and then a Greycliff Double Espresso. In the evening I enjoyed a PSP2 tubo and then finished with a Sancho Panza Bachilleres.
[Reply]
goalie204 09:53 AM 12-26-2008
Mine didn't arrive on time, perhaps they will be new years smokes :x
[Reply]
Mugen910 09:54 AM 12-26-2008
Cohiba Maduro 5 :-)
[Reply]
kaisersozei 11:37 AM 12-26-2008
I didn't smoke these, but sure was surprised to receive them as gifts yesterday morning:

The Diablo picantes were a "I bought these for the wife to give me" gift that I stuck in my cooler earlier this month and forgot about.

The Davidoff tubos assortment was a huge surprise from my son. It contains a #2, a 2000, and a Special R. I've never seen tubes like these--each cigar is enclosed in an inner cedar-lined tube & an outer tube, and each has a long oval cut-out slot. You twist the tubes until the slot lines up (open) so that you can keep the tubes in your humidor at proper humidification. Twist the tubes closed and the seal is intact. Very clever!

It's been many, many years since I had a Davidoff. I told him I'd save two to share with him after his college graduation & commissioning ceremonies, and the other one would mark another "yet to be determined" milestone in his life.

(Oh, and he thought he'd throw an Acid in there just for laughs. Fortunately, he knew enough to double-ziploc bag it!)
[Reply]
Page 3 of 3
< 123
Up