Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 1 of 2
1 2 >
All Cigar Discussion>Did you smoke a yard gar while doing snow ?i did
Sailchaser 06:44 PM 12-19-2008
Well I had a 3 foot drift that did not allow me to go out my usual side door , so I snuck out the front but not before I grabbed a simple stick that I did not care if it got ruined or not. Well I had a little CAO ITALIA from a tin. First one I've ever tried. It happen to smoke very well and was easy to keep lit in the heavy winds and blowing snow. Taste was a little harsh but it sufficed for a fix to have a smoke. It also made snowblowing a little more pleasant.
Did you have a Stick while doing the snow?
[Reply]
Mugen910 06:46 PM 12-19-2008
whatever churchill i could find that i have many of. :-) i will prob be smoking a HDM churchill a bit later while shoveling. :-)
Posted via Mobile Device
[Reply]
Mark C 06:46 PM 12-19-2008
Nope, haven't shoveled snow in over a year. We've had pretty warm/dry winters here in MD lately.
[Reply]
gettysburgfreak 07:02 PM 12-19-2008
way to nasty here to smoke and snow blow at the same time
[Reply]
Ratters 07:11 PM 12-19-2008
I kicked my coke habit years ago.

Oh, the other kinda snow. Don't get much of that in these here parts. :-)

Plus I don't have "yard gars". If it's not good enough to smoke sitting down it's not good enough to smoke any time.
[Reply]
TripleF 08:00 PM 12-19-2008
Heck no I don't smoke while I'm shoveling!!!

Ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh, you mean shoveling snow :-)

-
[Reply]
Sailchaser 09:11 PM 12-19-2008
Originally Posted by TripleF:
Heck no I don't smoke while I'm shoveling!!!

Ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh, you mean shoveling snow :-)

-
Scott ,
Snow frozen substance from the sky, it falls on the ground and to go anywere you need to move it .

By the way do you have an extra room down there in the warm
[Reply]
Bubba - NJ 09:23 PM 12-19-2008
Wouldn't it be a "Snow Gar" ? I wish we had some snow , haven't seen any real accumulation in a few years around here . We just seem to always get missed lately . :-)
[Reply]
garyatmaui 09:36 PM 12-19-2008
You just know how to appreciate a good YardGar. They give you the ability to work, smoke and mess them up without worrying. Take a look at the YardGar pass on the CS forum for pics of YardGars being put to excellent use.:-)

Originally Posted by Ratters:
I kicked my coke habit years ago.

Oh, the other kinda snow. Don't get much of that in these here parts. :-)

Plus I don't have "yard gars". If it's not good enough to smoke sitting down it's not good enough to smoke any time.

[Reply]
Sailkat 07:34 AM 12-20-2008
Not only did I not get to smoke while shoveling snow, but I barely survived!!

The snowblower is possessed. It does not like me one bit!! It was trying to kill me.....I know. No matter which way I pointed that thing it sprayed me with snow!! It was trying to bury me alive. I looked like the abominable snowman when I got done.

Next time I'm using a nice safe snow shovel!!

Hope you liked the nice clean driveway when you got home :-)
[Reply]
DPD6030 07:38 AM 12-20-2008
Originally Posted by Sailkat:

The snowblower is possessed. It does not like me one bit!! It was trying to kill me.....I know. No matter which way I pointed that thing it sprayed me with snow!! It was trying to bury me alive. I looked like the abominable snowman when I got done.

Ha, I know what you mean Kat. Mine does the same things. Rumbles and rumbles, turns to the right on it's own, parts fall off that I only find when the snow thaws and I too get buried in snow. Thank goodness for hot coffee and the weekly Wednesday hurf with the locals.
[Reply]
CBI_2 08:08 AM 12-20-2008
Oh you crazy northerners with your snow. :-) That stuff is only good if you only have to play in it, like when you were kids.

The snow blower sounds like something from a B scary movie. We should write a script for that. :-)
[Reply]
Paint 08:11 AM 12-20-2008
I always like to puff on the Rocky Patel 2nds,toro .Great cigar for working outside or even a great sit down and smoke cigar...
[Reply]
14holestogie 09:38 AM 12-20-2008

Spend a little coin for a cab for that mean machine. Keeps the wind and snow off you and keeps the cigar dry. I think you may be able to find one for $30-$50 at Lowe's, Home Depot, etc. Well worth the money.

I usually know I'm going to be out there for an hour, so it's usually a churchill for me .
[Reply]
Footbag 09:40 AM 12-20-2008
Spent a couple of hours outside plowing and tinkering with snowmobiles. Then I came in and smoked a Siglo II. Would've smoked it outside but gas soaked gloves, carb work and cigars don't mix.
[Reply]
Don Fernando 10:23 AM 12-20-2008
Fortunately no snow here :-) so no smoking while doing snow.
[Reply]
theonlybear4CORT 11:31 AM 12-20-2008
I smoked a 601 black while removing ice from the freezer today,does that count?
[Reply]
Sailchaser 11:37 AM 12-20-2008
Originally Posted by 14holestogie:
Spend a little coin for a cab for that mean machine. Keeps the wind and snow off you and keeps the cigar dry. I think you may be able to find one for $30-$50 at Lowe's, Home Depot, etc. Well worth the money.

I usually know I'm going to be out there for an hour, so it's usually a Churchill for me .
I told Kath that the next cab en-closer will be on a 5 yard bucket John Deere back hoe that I can clear the snow in a heated environment listening to my favorite jams having a cigar of choice doing other peoples snow for big time cash

PS That was the first time Kath ever used the snow Blower and I was dam proud that she did not even use the eclectic start.

Maybe I should BOMB HER:-) :-):-):-):-)
[Reply]
Anthem 11:39 AM 12-20-2008
I did as well this week. I keep the back patio cleared off so that I can go outside to smoke, but on the colder days it's in the garage....We had some snow this week, so out I went with the shovel and a cigar and cleared out my area....:-)
[Reply]
Don Fernando 11:40 AM 12-20-2008

That is why powertools should only be handled by men Sailkat :-)
[Reply]
Page 1 of 2
1 2 >
Up