Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 2 of 3
< 12 3 >
All Cigar Discussion>Just a warning to my fellow inmates...
Mugen910 06:44 PM 12-19-2008
thx shawn!!!
Posted via Mobile Device
[Reply]
Trace63 06:47 PM 12-19-2008
Thanks for letting us know Shawn. I never ordered anything from Eric, but he always did seem a little off for some reason.
[Reply]
Ratters 07:14 PM 12-19-2008
Vendors get the benefit from board membership so they must deal with the other side which is rapid and possibly negative feedback.

That said, I've only ordered from Eric once and the deal went fine and shipping was quick.
[Reply]
Cigary 08:49 PM 12-19-2008
Originally Posted by Waynegro1:
I've ordered a couple of times from Kioki back on CS and never had anything, but excellent service. I'm sorry to hear about your experience.
I would of PM'd him, letting him know that if the problem wasn't resolved in 7 days, you felt that other BOTL/SOTL deserved to be informed/warned of your experience. Sometimes a mild warning of public notification will get a retailer to jump a little quicker.

I don't blame you for being a bit upset, two months is more then enough time to get an order out. If there was an inventory issue, the retailer should be the one to inform you the customer of a delay or give other options (in a reasonable time frame).
I agree with this,,,customer service is paramount in any industry and to get jerked around is the worse thing you can do to your customer and to let others know about it is a service to your BOTL so we don't get burned.

Originally Posted by SmokinApe:
I disagree... This is more then a slip up... The community should know this kind of stuff...
Ditto. I order from a lot of sources and have visited this site as well but with this knowledge,,,forwarned is forearmed.

Originally Posted by Ratters:
Vendors get the benefit from board membership so they must deal with the other side which is rapid and possibly negative feedback.

That said, I've only ordered from Eric once and the deal went fine and shipping was quick.
Consistancy is what any customer wants and if not received then the least thing that should happen is an apology. 2 months is unacceptable and his order should be completed and sent free of charge,,,no matter what the order was.
[Reply]
bigloo 12:11 AM 12-20-2008
Yup, one the "services" of these forums if for guys and gals to share honest information and experiences about retailers. Valuable information from a trusted source! Thanks!
[Reply]
Rkyro 02:42 AM 12-20-2008
Had a small issue as well with eric, Was slightly overcharged for some reason. He did offer to refund the amount but the amount was so small i declined.
[Reply]
Buena Fortuna 06:07 AM 12-20-2008
Thanks for the info, I will not support this retailer with my hard earned money
[Reply]
Don Fernando 06:31 AM 12-20-2008
When I joined on CS, may last year, the first person to pm me was Eric, asking for my address to ship me a welcome package and he did wonders bombing me.
[Reply]
Anthem 07:06 AM 12-20-2008
Originally Posted by Don Fernando:
When I joined on CS, may last year, the first person to pm me was Eric, asking for my address to ship me a welcome package and he did wonders bombing me.
Eric did the same for me shortly after I joined CS. I bought two samplers from him and did not have any issues.

Sorry to hear about your experience.
[Reply]
kiokicigars 08:46 AM 12-20-2008
Want to make a public apology to Shawn for such a wait on the cigars he ordered. He was 100% correct in his post and because of financial issues with me right now and issues with a charge on my card that was not ok'd by me ...it put me into a hole.

This matter is being taking care of today and Shawn can update if he wishes once he feels this matter has been corrected.

One thing to point out is my intention was never to slam Shawn over and this much I think he would agree to....did I drop the ball many times in finishing this deal out.....YES!!!

Thank you once again

Eric Davis
[Reply]
GrumpyOleTroll 09:36 AM 12-20-2008
Thank you eric for posting.

Just so everyone is clear...Eric seems to be a stand up guy, always emailed me back with in hrs if not mins and had an explanation. He has done well by others but on the same hand has had issues. I just want people to know my experience with this situation.

I have never wished anything against Eric because in my opinion money and sticks do not make my world go around. I wanted a sampler he put together.

Again Thank you al who have posted and I am impressed on how everyone has handled it.

Eric I wish you the best and hope all works out for you in the New Year.

Shawn
[Reply]
Texan in Mexico 11:52 AM 12-20-2008
Eric is a member here and he logs on pretty regularly.

I have ordered a couple times from him and everything went well, no hassles for me. I applaud you bringing this to the CA Forum, hopefully he will see this and contact you directly though if it were me I wouldnt be too enamored with a supplier that only steps up after a public mention.

Just my :-).
[Reply]
GWags 11:59 AM 12-20-2008
Originally Posted by kiokicigars:
Want to make a public apology to Shawn for such a wait on the cigars he ordered. He was 100% correct in his post and because of financial issues with me right now and issues with a charge on my card that was not ok'd by me ...it put me into a hole.

This matter is being taking care of today and Shawn can update if he wishes once he feels this matter has been corrected.

One thing to point out is my intention was never to slam Shawn over and this much I think he would agree to....did I drop the ball many times in finishing this deal out.....YES!!!

Thank you once again

Eric Davis
Eric,

I wish you would have come clean with me as well. Instead, you consistantly inform me the smokes are shipped. That's what pisses me off, I don't appreciate being lied to. This is in regards to the Intro. Sampler you ran on CS at the end of Sept. "because of financial issues with me right now and issues with a charge on my card that was not ok'd by me ...it put me into a hole." Had you let me know about this, we'd worked it out as I've not once asked for a refund I just want what I paid for.

I truly hope you get off on a better foot in 2009 and repair the damage so you can move forward.

Best Regards
[Reply]
GrumpyOleTroll 12:03 PM 12-20-2008
Originally Posted by Texan in Mexico:
Eric is a member here and he logs on pretty regularly.

I have ordered a couple times from him and everything went well, no hassles for me. I applaud you bringing this to the CA Forum, hopefully he will see this and contact you directly though if it were me I wouldnt be too enamored with a supplier that only steps up after a public mention.

Just my :-).

Eric and I have had contact through out this order. It was just after 2 months I wanted others to know the issue I was having so that if they too were having the same issue they weren't alone and if they had thought about doing business to know he has had issues with shipping and such. Again this is not a shot at Eric its just in my opinion he has bitten off more than he can handle. I wish him them the best in 2009.

Shawn
[Reply]
kiokicigars 01:24 PM 12-20-2008
Originally Posted by GWags:
Eric,

I wish you would have come clean with me as well. Instead, you consistantly inform me the smokes are shipped. That's what pisses me off, I don't appreciate being lied to. This is in regards to the Intro. Sampler you ran on CS at the end of Sept. "because of financial issues with me right now and issues with a charge on my card that was not ok'd by me ...it put me into a hole." Had you let me know about this, we'd worked it out as I've not once asked for a refund I just want what I paid for.

I truly hope you get off on a better foot in 2009 and repair the damage so you can move forward.

Best Regards
Gwags,

I understand and unlike Shawn where I did not send his, I know yours was sent and will send another for you...which is never an issue. With all the into. samplers sent a few did get lost, one returned.

PM me again here and I will send another on top of the ones that went MIA.

Thank you once again,
[Reply]
kiokicigars 01:26 PM 12-20-2008
Originally Posted by GrumpyOleTroll:
Eric and I have had contact through out this order. It was just after 2 months I wanted others to know the issue I was having so that if they too were having the same issue they weren't alone and if they had thought about doing business to know he has had issues with shipping and such. Again this is not a shot at Eric its just in my opinion he has bitten off more than he can handle. I wish him them the best in 2009.

Shawn
Shawn,

I hope all goes well in 09' and with starting a business up off the ground it is not an easy task. I think you for wishing me the luck and I know all will be better next year. I sent your package today and because of the issues as stated before added a bunch extra and know you will be more than happy.

Merry Christmas to you and your family!

PS. IF I OWE ANYONE ANYTHING, PLEASE PM ME SO I MAY TAKE CARE OF THIS ASAP!!!

THANK YOU!
[Reply]
Darrell 04:41 PM 12-20-2008
It takes a man to admit when he is wrong and try and correct it. You may not have my business Eric, but you have my respect in that regard. :-)
[Reply]
kiokicigars 04:43 PM 12-20-2008
Originally Posted by Darrell:
It takes a man to admit when he is wrong and try and correct it. You may not have my business Eric, but you have my respect in that regard. :-)
Darrell,

Thank you very much and I agree. I have no problem explaining that I have having money issue, I am one of the 2 million plus... lets hope 09' is better.

Bless you and Happy Holidays to everyone!!!
[Reply]
Vitis 05:41 PM 12-20-2008
My favorite part of this thread, when a guys who's screen name is GrumpyOleTroll says

Originally Posted by GrumpyOleTroll:
I feel as I am a pretty easy going guy
irony at it's finest

Glad to see you guys working this out, but Shawn, youre gonna have to be less easy going if you want us to call you grumpy :-):-):-)

~Vitis
[Reply]
GrumpyOleTroll 11:07 PM 12-20-2008
Originally Posted by Vitis:
My favorite part of this thread, when a guys who's screen name is GrumpyOleTroll says

irony at it's finest

Glad to see you guys working this out, but Shawn, youre gonna have to be less easy going if you want us to call you grumpy :-):-):-)

~Vitis
Thanks but if you really knew me my moniker fits perfectly!! My daughter gave all of us in the house Dora the Explorer names and since I am the "Mean One" out my wife and I..well it just fits.

Shawn
[Reply]
Page 2 of 3
< 12 3 >
Up