Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 2 of 5
< 12 34 > Last »
All Cigar Discussion>anejo hunters
smitdavi 08:15 PM 12-05-2008
There were a couple of B&M's in Indy that got theirs a few weeks ago. Picked up a couple of Sharks (got them close to msrp) as an early holiday present to myself :-)
[Reply]
warpedcigars 08:34 PM 12-05-2008
Even if my shops get a shipment, they jack the price to insane highs. A shark will run you $35.
[Reply]
Vitis 09:09 PM 12-05-2008
last week was in a b&m that had 46's with a two stick limit. took two and figured that would be it. Then on monday went to a wine shop we do buis with and they had 3 boxes out! Asked if he cared how many I took, when he said "no", I grabbed the last 14 Sharks and 4 55's. $200 for the lot :-) It was the last thing I was expecting and not in my budget as I had alloted monies for "other deals" that are out there but pulled the trigger anyways. Too hard to say no at that price

~Vitis
[Reply]
smokinj 10:16 PM 12-05-2008
Originally Posted by warpedcigars:
Even if my shops get a shipment, they jack the price to insane highs. A shark will run you $35.
Thats about the same around me, but most of the time they are never seen. The owner and help get first dibbs and most of the time the OpusX/Anejo never hit the shelves:-)
[Reply]
borndead1 08:11 AM 12-06-2008
Famous Smoke Shop has a full box of Sharks on auction right now.

http://www.cigarauctioneer.com/cigar...mepage_auction

I'm sure the going price will be insanely high, just wanted to give the homies a heads up. :-)
[Reply]
warpedcigars 10:07 AM 12-06-2008
Originally Posted by smokinj:
Thats about the same around me, but most of the time they are never seen. The owner and help get first dibbs and most of the time the OpusX/Anejo never hit the shelves:-)
Same with mine. I have 3 B&Ms within 15 minutes of me, only one of them will hold anything for me. But that shop rarely gets any Opus or Anejo. Sad, but iv been dealing with it for years.
[Reply]
Bubba - NJ 09:41 PM 12-06-2008
Originally Posted by borndead1:
Famous Smoke Shop has a full box of Sharks on auction right now.

http://www.cigarauctioneer.com/cigar...mepage_auction

I'm sure the going price will be insanely high, just wanted to give the homies a heads up. :-)
I just checked the link - $242.00 . Not ridiculous yet .
[Reply]
silentjon 04:46 AM 12-07-2008
Originally Posted by warpedcigars:
That is insane. My B&M charges MSRP. They don't sell singles (or boxes), but sells then in 4-packs (four different sizes, including a shark) for $38.00
[Reply]
MTB996 06:43 AM 12-07-2008
My local Tinderbox (Durham, NC) has told me (depending on who you talk to):
1. they have 3-4 boxes (48, 49, 77, ?) but they are in the "office" and not out for sale yet. When they do, it will be 1 box at a time.
2. They don't have any yet (easier to say)

They told me they do not know when they will put them out. They also said, they will not take my name/number and alert me when they go on sale. So, they are suggesting I just stop back every couple says for the next month????

WTF? You know, I do like Anejos, but I hate playing F'n games. I have about 30 random Anejos left from last year, so I guess I am passing on them this year. Besides, for then price, I'd rather have a MC#2 or 2 PSD4s.

F the B&Ms that play games with their customers.
[Reply]
TripleF 07:02 AM 12-07-2008
Originally Posted by MTB996:
1. they have 3-4 boxes (48, 49, 77, ?) but they are in the "office" and not out for sale yet. When they do, it will be 1 box at a time.

They told me they do not know when they will put them out. They also said, they will not take my name/number and alert me when they go on sale. So, they are suggesting I just stop back every couple says for the next month????

WTF? You know, I do like Anejos, but I hate playing F'n games. I have about 30 random Anejos left from last year, so I guess I am passing on them this year. Besides, for then price, I'd rather have a MC#2 or 2 PSD4s.

I hear ya bro......I really do. It's not really the B&M's fault that AF drop ships these on a limited basis every year. If, and I say IF AF didn't do that, there wouldn't be this game.

On the other hand, if AF didn't do that, the Anejo wouldn't be so popular.

Everybody's stuck, and frankly, it's magic in marketing by AF if you asked me. Demand is what they have created. And demand is what happens every single year.
[Reply]
Bubba - NJ 08:17 PM 12-07-2008
Originally Posted by MTB996:

My local Tinderbox was doing something similar 2 years ago . I went one day and was told they'll be out tomorrow , when I got there at opening it was a different clerk and he told me they sold out yesterday . WTF ! This Tinderbox closed a year later , oh shucks ! :-)
[Reply]
neoflex 06:18 AM 12-08-2008
Must be a Tinder Box thing. The one down the road from me also keeps them stashed away and only sells them to people they are familiar with and only reveal they are there only if you ask. Last year I was able to score 2 55s. I decided I am not playing the game this year as jumping through hoops to get them gets tiresome after awhile. Plus the only vitolas I have interest in are the Sharks and 55s as I am down to one each of these. If I happen to be in the right place at the right time great, but I won't be losing sleep this year if I don't.
[Reply]
maddman 06:36 PM 12-08-2008
The shop i called today had them keystoned but sold out in 24hours haha
[Reply]
romwarrior 11:32 AM 12-10-2008
Originally Posted by acarr:
Anybody know a good retailer online that has them without the huge markup?
I don't know what you consider a huge markup, but Jack Schwartz has full boxes in stock right now of five different sizes. There is definitely a markup but not as much as you usually see.
[Reply]
BarneyBandMan 11:47 AM 12-10-2008
Picked some up last week at Anstead's in Fayetteville. I got an email that they would be in and picked them up that day. Always MSRP.:-)
[Reply]
Beagleone 03:35 PM 12-10-2008
Six more boxes of Sharks just arrived. I might have to take all of them and sit them down for a while!
[Reply]
barbourjay 03:47 PM 12-10-2008
Originally Posted by Beagleone:
Six more boxes of Sharks just arrived. I might have to take all of them and sit them down for a while!

that is just sick, your b&m must be a large vendor.
[Reply]
Beagleone 04:03 PM 12-10-2008
They are for this area.
[Reply]
Nimbus 04:46 PM 12-10-2008
No more Anejo hunting for me. I hunted for the past 2 years, but none this year and I do not feel bad at all. :-)
[Reply]
Sauer Grapes 08:13 PM 12-10-2008
Originally Posted by Beagleone:
You know, if you needed space for one of those boxes... I could make room. :-)
[Reply]
Page 2 of 5
< 12 34 > Last »
Up