Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
General Discussion>The weird Christmas gift thread....
dentonparrots 02:15 PM 12-25-2008
I'm sure certain relatives deliberately buy me weird stuff at Christmas just to see if I'll react or say "Wow, thanks!" out of politeness (which I normally do) so I thought I'd start a thread to see who's been given the worst gift.

I'm reckoning that I'm going to set the benchmark to beat with an....Electric Hotplate!

Anyone think they can beat that?
[Reply]
tchariya 02:20 PM 12-25-2008
Oh man....those are very useful if you do some cooking or host parties and run out of burners to keep things warm!

Its a great little gift for the cabin owner!
[Reply]
SmokinApe 02:23 PM 12-25-2008
I keep asking for a hotplate and never get one...
[Reply]
fsjonsey 02:26 PM 12-25-2008
OH YEAH!
Best family Christmas gift ever.
[Reply]
Bax 02:27 PM 12-25-2008
I got a giant 2 million year old sharks tooth from a Megalodon. It's weird and cool at the same time. Have no idea what I can do with it, but I got one!:-)
[Reply]
Bax 02:29 PM 12-25-2008
Originally Posted by fsjonsey:
OH YEAH!
Aren't those the cigars that the Penguin smoked in the old Batman TV show?
[Reply]
acruce 03:22 PM 12-25-2008
Originally Posted by fsjonsey:
OH YEAH!

Was it gifted as a partial box or did you smoke some ?
[Reply]
DMK 03:29 PM 12-25-2008
I was gifted from my wifey... a large assortment of different hot sauces and rubs for doing some 'good' BBQ:-)
[Reply]
dentonparrots 04:15 PM 12-25-2008
Originally Posted by DMK:
I was gifted from my wifey... a large assortment of different hot sauces and rubs for doing some 'good' BBQ:-)
Did you say thanks or WTF?
[Reply]
SilverFox 05:15 PM 12-25-2008
I am going to wait and see what transpires but I am so going to own this thread :-)
[Reply]
DMK 06:37 PM 12-25-2008
Originally Posted by dentonparrots:
Did you say thanks or WTF?
Oh hell ya !!:-)
[Reply]
massphatness 06:40 PM 12-25-2008
My fiancee's 7 year-old daughter got me a rock.

It's one of those things you can hide a key in.

A rock! :-)
[Reply]
Old Sailor 06:48 PM 12-25-2008
Originally Posted by massphatness:

A rock.......she got you Newfoundland???:-):-)
[Reply]
awsmith4 01:40 PM 12-26-2008
I posted in another thread about my electric flyswatter but the one that really made me laugh was this beauty

A pop up hot dog cooker. Not saying it is junk but I'm not sure I'll ever use it seeing that a pot on the stove or the microwave works just fine when the grill is unavailable.
[Reply]
AAlmeter 02:13 PM 12-26-2008
I may just take the cake on this one.

It was somewhere near my 13th Christmas. A typical snowy day in beautiful Buffalo. I awake to find in my stocking......

...TWINE! A ball of twine.

Because, as my aunt says, everyone uses twine.

Merry Christmas.
[Reply]
Footbag 02:39 PM 12-26-2008
We did a surprise Christmas swap where everyone brings a present and we play a gift swap game to determine who gets which gift.

I got a toothbrush sanitizer, I almost won a LB of Corned beef, but they wouldn't let me have it because that was the gift I brought.:-)
[Reply]
dentonparrots 03:31 PM 12-26-2008
Originally Posted by awsmith4:
Image.
That's a conversation piece right there....love it
[Reply]
Don Fernando 04:12 PM 12-26-2008
Originally Posted by massphatness:

But she also gave you the coolest t-shirt you ever had!
[Reply]
RevSmoke 04:20 PM 12-26-2008
I have this Bible, had it for about 24 years now. It has all my notes in it from Sermon and Bible Study preparation, and from my personal reading time. It has been repaired with red duct tape.

Anyway, someone decided to give me a Bible - they figured I could use a new one since mine is duct-taped together.

Funny thing is, every time a new translation into English comes out, I get a copy so that I can compare it to other English translations - and to the original languages.

I thought it was kind of sweet that they thought I needed a new Bible. I guess I'll need to go over to their house and explain to them why they won't be seeing me with their gift too much.
[Reply]
Up