Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 2 of 2
< 12
All Cigar Discussion>Favorite Cigars that You'd Never Smoke?
cigarmonkel 12:28 PM 12-21-2008
i have yet to come in possession of a cigar that is worthy of never smoking... i have some 7-8 year old cigars in my vino but those still get smoked. The only ones i won't be touching for a while are some Opus X's that i wanna put some good age on before i lite em up.
[Reply]
Mr. Ed 02:13 PM 12-21-2008
Originally Posted by Yazzie:
Everything is fair game on any given day :-)
:-)

I try to stay away from 'special occasion' classification of my cigars. When I want to smoke something I just grab it.

You never know when you'll get hit by a bus going in the eastbound lane, or slip on that bar of soap in the shower.
[Reply]
chippewastud79 02:20 PM 12-21-2008
Originally Posted by M1903A1:
A CC Por Larranaga Panetela that I found in my father's things. It had dried out before I found it (in a plastic bag with a dried paper towel in it), so there's no point in trying.

It's in a glass tube in one of my humidors, as a display piece.
Thats a great piece for a collection. Not sure I would smoke that either, for the memory or the condition, probably makes for a better discussion piece than a smoke anyway. :-)
[Reply]
Smokin Gator 02:27 PM 12-21-2008
When I first hit the slope really hard I thought there were lots of cigars that should be special occasion. Now I have more of those than I can imagine special occasions in the next several years!!! Plus a couple of much wiser BOTLs have changed my opinion on it.... Now I am firmly in the smoke 'em when you feel like it camp.
[Reply]
hotreds 02:38 PM 12-21-2008
The two tubos that I got from the Dust-Off boys will never be smoked- they are now on display.

http://www.cigarasylum.com/vb/showth...?t=3655&page=2

The F-22 Demo NCOIC is giving me two cigars with the F-22 logo that will go with my patch display- I will also never smoke these.

http://www.cigarasylum.com/vb/showthread.php?t=6685

As far as stuff I've purchased- none of those has any sentimental value and will all eventually be put to the torch.
[Reply]
Tio Gato 03:11 PM 12-21-2008
I had one cigar that I would never smoke. (I say had because it was in one of the humidors I had stolen recently.) I kid you not, it was a limited edition rolled to celebrate Gay Pride Day in Florida. The band had a map of the state with a rainbow colored triangle on it. It looked like a pretty cheap cigar, I bought it in Key West with the wife (I had to throw that in :-)). It was a good conversation piece for sure.
Other than that one, I hope to live long enough to smoke every cigar I have.:-)
[Reply]
BillyCigars 03:17 PM 12-21-2008
Unfortunately, I am terribly sentimental and I have several cigars that I will probably never smoke. One example is a Davidoff Special 53 gifted me by a very generous BOTL as well as a Davidoff 100th Anniversary Diademas Fina gifted to me by the ever-generous PapaJohn. VirtualSmitty set me up with a few Opus X Perfexcion Xs back in '99 and due to sentimental reasons, I probably won't ever smoke them.

I think ultimately, all of my cigars will meet their fate but the ones I have the most attachment to, the most prized of my collection, will be saved for the most momentous of occasions.
[Reply]
ucla695 06:54 AM 12-22-2008
I'm a smoker, not a collector, but there are some that will take a special occasion to be torched (AF HTFs).
[Reply]
wayner123 07:45 AM 12-22-2008
I say smoke 'em if you got 'em.

There is always a special occasion that will come up. And if you are really that attached to it, why not take a picture of it and save it that way, then smoke it??
[Reply]
Page 2 of 2
< 12
Up