Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 1 of 2
1 2 >
All Cigar Discussion>Cigar Dave
tnip23 08:29 AM 11-11-2008
Has anybody ever listened to this guy? I have Sirius on my computer and was looking through the talk programs and found this:

Originally Posted by :
Often referred to as the Sultan of Smoke, the Professor of Puff, the Cigar Sommelier, and the Connoisseur-in-Chief. Cigar Dave caters to cigar lovers far and wide. Loyal followers known as "Cigar Lieutenants" tune in for news and information about cigars, spirits, and other lifestyle diversions. Call the show Saturdays at 888-SMOKE-THIS.
They had him in the political talk section on Sirius Patriot, which is the conservative talk channel.
[Reply]
jitzy 08:31 AM 11-11-2008
not the biggest fan I like dogwatch a lot more
[Reply]
N2Advnture 09:37 AM 11-11-2008
I won't listen to anyone who doesn't smoke a whole cigar because "the first half is the best" ROFLMAO!
[Reply]
Pat1075 09:47 AM 11-11-2008
I used to listen to him if I was in the car when he was on. And we'll listen to him at the shop once in a while but now its football season so its a football talk show in his time slot.
[Reply]
Coz77 10:07 AM 11-11-2008
I listened to about 5 minutes of this podcast http://www.cigardave.com/theatre/2008/11-08-08-1.html

I think cigar Dave = Loser! :-)
[Reply]
SmokeyJoe 12:07 PM 11-11-2008
His show does come from a very politically conservative slant... but I do find the show interesting when it is mostly cigar content.

Dogwatch is a better show, IMHO. :-)

I actually was a caller to the Cigar Dave show back in February of 2007. He offered to send me a box of smokes. I stayed on after the call and gave my address and all to his call screener - and never received the smokes!

After a couple of months, I tried e-mailing them. After a couple more months, I e-mailed again. E-mailed a few more times and called and left a message. Never got the first response of any kind. Kind of left a bad taste in my mouth...
[Reply]
dannyboy 12:15 PM 11-11-2008
I enjoy it when its about cigars, but most of the time it is about politics. I need to try Dogwatch Dale, after reading all these good things here.
[Reply]
dunng 12:17 PM 11-11-2008
Much prefer Dog Watch... :-)
[Reply]
Ratters 12:20 PM 11-11-2008
I try and listen to http://www.dogwatchsocialclub.com/ when I can, but it's usually a long show, sometimes more than one cigars worth. :-)

I also watch Walt, Jerry, and Brian's reviews at www.stogiereview.com along with their YQMA and other content. Plus they have links to a lot of other podcasts.

I'll listen to Cigar Dave in the truck if I'm driving somewhere on a Saturday morning, but I won't go out of my way to listen to it.
[Reply]
tnip23 02:42 PM 11-11-2008
Originally Posted by Coz77:
I listened to about 5 minutes of this podcast http://www.cigardave.com/theatre/2008/11-08-08-1.html

I think cigar Dave = Loser! :-)
I have to admit, even agreeing with his political point of view, it was hard to listen to that podcast very long. It sounds like he is trying to copy Rush, without having Rush's broadcasting talent, sense of humor, and political savvy. I like the concept of a cigar show with a political slant, and Rush could probably pull it off, but I don't know about this guy.
[Reply]
sofaman 03:07 PM 11-11-2008
I listen to Burgherfers.com :-)
[Reply]
68TriShield 04:39 PM 11-11-2008
Originally Posted by N2Advnture:
I won't listen to anyone who doesn't smoke a whole cigar because "the first half is the best" ROFLMAO!
That would have been Winston Churchill :-)
[Reply]
SmokinApe 04:48 PM 11-11-2008
I tend to smoke my cigars backwards... that way I get the best part first and if I am pressed for time I got the best part in... Also, smoking the end first helps extend the best part to the front of the cigar by allowing the oily smokey goodness to infuse the worst part of the cigar...
[Reply]
TripleF 04:59 PM 11-11-2008
He's got his own little world and group of followers. I've listened before and will listen in LIVE at the Ybor Cigar Heritage Festival this Saturday!! :-)
[Reply]
awsmith4 05:06 PM 11-11-2008
Originally Posted by TripleF:
He's got his own little world and group of followers. I've listened before and will listen in LIVE at the Ybor Cigar Heritage Festival this Saturday!! :-)
I have never listened but will be with FFF on Saturday an wil post my opinion when I return
[Reply]
CBI_2 05:06 PM 11-11-2008
:-) :-)
[Reply]
Squid 08:10 PM 11-11-2008
I've listened to the show on XM Radio...in fact, a couple of them as i was driving out of town towards the lake.

I agree with most; however, I enjoy the Dogwatch Social Club much better, so I download some Podcasts of their most recent shows.

I find Cigar Dave to be much like Marvin Shanken, Editor/Publisher of Cigar Aficionado...VERY arrogant and pompous. Essentially very full of themselves.
[Reply]
brigey57 09:16 PM 11-11-2008

Originally Posted by Squid:
I've listened to the show on XM Radio...in fact, a couple of them as i was driving out of town towards the lake.

I agree with most; however, I enjoy the Dogwatch Social Club much better, so I download some Podcasts of their most recent shows.

I find Cigar Dave to be much like Marvin Shanken, Editor/Publisher of Cigar Aficionado...VERY arrogant and pompous. Essentially very full of themselves.
I use to listen to him while I ran errands for the wife while I was in the car. I use to think he was cool when he would talk about the cigars. I then grew up and realized that he was pompous which is how I gather he gets his listening audience. He could do a better job of promoting cigar smoking but I think he likes to hear himself talk. :-) :-) :-)
[Reply]
JohnRogers 11:46 AM 02-15-2014
I dig the Cigar Dave Show, I do lean libertarian-right so its makes it easier for me to enjoy. I can see that he may give people a douche bag vibe but I don't take him all that seriously. He does tackle cigar legislation which is important to all of us, if not for Cigar Dave I may never have enjoyed the Brick House Mighty-Mighty Maduro, he does discuss some interesting beverage pairings.
[Reply]
Brutus2600 01:40 PM 02-15-2014
I've never listened to his show, but having experienced this guy at IPCPR, he is pretty inconsiderate and rude. Running around the show, shoving cameras and microphones in manufacturers faces right when they're talking to retailers trying to do business...I don't know. The guy just left a really bad impression on me.
[Reply]
Page 1 of 2
1 2 >
Up