Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 26 of 183
« First < 16242526 27283676126 > Last »
Wine, Beer, and Spirits>What beers are you enjoying II?
Mattso3000 07:00 AM 02-14-2012
[Reply]
hammondc 07:20 AM 02-14-2012
Not enjoying them yet, but Mattso hooked me up with some stuff I have been practically begging for.....Now. I get to compare the clone I just brewed to the real thing.

[Reply]
Mattso3000 07:22 AM 02-14-2012
Originally Posted by hammondc:
Not enjoying them yet, but Mattso hooked me up with some stuff I have been practically begging for.....Now. I get to compare the clone I just brewed to the real thing.

:-) Glad it got there okay!
[Reply]
newcigarz 07:26 AM 02-14-2012
Originally Posted by newcigarz:
at a small group tasting last night

Old Chimneys Good King Henry Special Reserve
Williamsburg AleWerks Washingtons Porter
7venth Sun Midnight Moonlight
7venth Sun FYA
Alpine Beer Company Melonhead
Green Flash Palate Wrecker
Half Acre The Chairman
Hales Barrel Aged Wee Heavy
oops forgot an Orval from 2008, thanks Seth!
[Reply]
hammondc 07:27 AM 02-14-2012
Originally Posted by Mattso3000:
:-) Glad it got there okay!
Yours is going out today. had to go get the LARGE USPS box.....:-)
[Reply]
Mattso3000 07:35 AM 02-14-2012
Yup, the Double Trouble was good but not in the same league as Abrasive. Just need to get some Hopslam tomorrow. Only DIPA I prefer to Abrasive.
[Reply]
Mattso3000 07:37 AM 02-14-2012
Originally Posted by hammondc:
Yours is going out today. had to go get the LARGE USPS box.....:-)
What????? I sent exactly what I said I would, no need to go overboard! That Abrasive is damn good stuff. The can I drank yesterday was my first of the year and solidified it solidly behind Hopslam as my 2nd favorite Double IPA.
[Reply]
hammondc 10:09 AM 02-14-2012
What????? I sent exactly what I said I would, no need to go overboard! That Abrasive is damn good stuff. The can I drank yesterday was my first of the year and solidified it solidly behind Hopslam as my 2nd favorite Double IPA.
I'm kidding. (sorta).
[Reply]
kaisersozei 10:51 AM 02-14-2012

[Reply]
cobra03 11:58 AM 02-14-2012
Gerard looks like you were at Capital Ale house. Lucky bastage. I miss that place alot!!. Last night i had Southern Tier IPA and Phin & Matts.
[Reply]
ktblunden 02:20 PM 02-14-2012
This past weekend my wife surprised me with a trip to Santa Rosa for my birthday (long, long car ride from us) to visit Russian River and have Pliny the Younger. It was amazing. I'm a big fan of Elder, but with all that extra grain Younger is so much more balanced of a beer. I really wish I could have taken some home, but they don't allow filling growlers of it anymore. Brought home a growler of Elder and a few bottles.

Got a tip while we were in Santa Rosa that the Whole Foods there has a tap room with Abyss on tap, so we made a side trip there. I've had Abyss in bottles from '07 to '11, and '11 on tap blew each of them away. I'm jealous of my friend who lives right by Deschutes.

On the way home we stopped off at Lagunitas and I brought home a growler of their Gnarly Wine (their growlers are actually 2 liter Ball mason jars, which is cool except the lids have a tendency of popping and leaking).

So it was an awesome trip and I ended up drinking and bringing home quite a few beers I don't normally get my hands on.
[Reply]
newcigarz 02:31 PM 02-14-2012
Originally Posted by ktblunden:
This past weekend my wife surprised me with a trip to Santa Rosa for my birthday (long, long car ride from us) to visit Russian River and have Pliny the Younger. It was amazing. I'm a big fan of Elder, but with all that extra grain Younger is so much more balanced of a beer. I really wish I could have taken some home, but they don't allow filling growlers of it anymore. Brought home a growler of Elder and a few bottles.

Got a tip while we were in Santa Rosa that the Whole Foods there has a tap room with Abyss on tap, so we made a side trip there. I've had Abyss in bottles from '07 to '11, and '11 on tap blew each of them away. I'm jealous of my friend who lives right by Deschutes.

On the way home we stopped off at Lagunitas and I brought home a growler of their Gnarly Wine (their growlers are actually 2 liter Ball mason jars, which is cool except the lids have a tendency of popping and leaking).

So it was an awesome trip and I ended up drinking and bringing home quite a few beers I don't normally get my hands on.

sounds like a great trip, jealous of Younger. :-)
[Reply]
ChicagoWhiteSox 02:31 PM 02-14-2012

I know of a few guys that had some friends they know in Cali pour Younger in a swing top bottle saver. I guess they poured it straight from their glasses.
[Reply]
ktblunden 02:46 PM 02-14-2012
Originally Posted by ChicagoWhiteSox:
I know of a few guys that had some friends they know in Cali pour Younger in a swing top bottle saver. I guess they poured it straight from their glasses.
A couple years ago they would fill growlers of it, but they would also run out of Younger in almost no time at all. As far as filling it out of your glasses, I'm pretty sure you'd have to do that when no one's looking since that breaks a couple laws. Not to mention, they only serve Younger in 10 oz pours, so it would take a while.
[Reply]
ChicagoWhiteSox 02:49 PM 02-14-2012
A couple years ago they would fill growlers of it, but they would also run out of Younger in almost no time at all. As far as filling it out of your glasses, I'm pretty sure you'd have to do that when no one's looking since that breaks a couple laws. Not to mention, they only serve Younger in 10 oz pours, so it would take a while.
They were 12oz swing top bottles

I'm sure they made sure not to be seen doing it. These guys are hardcore beer advocates:-)
[Reply]
ChicagoWhiteSox 03:13 PM 02-14-2012
Originally Posted by ChicagoWhiteSox:
They were 12oz swing top bottles

I'm sure they made sure not to be seen doing it. These guys are hardcore beer advocates:-)
FedEx overnight would be worth it to save the carb and freshness.
[Reply]
newcigarz 03:37 PM 02-14-2012
Originally Posted by chicagowhitesox:
fedex overnight would be worth it to save the carb and freshness.
iso :-)
[Reply]
Salvelinus 07:40 PM 02-14-2012
Yup, the Double Trouble was good but not in the same league as Abrasive. Just need to get some Hopslam tomorrow. Only DIPA I prefer to Abrasive.
I drank all three side by side this year and, this may just be the beer lover in me talking, they are all awesome :-):-):-)

Enjoyed a ESBsquared from rock art today, as well as a Jolly Pumpkin La Roja
[Reply]
W.B. 08:04 PM 02-14-2012

Any idea if Lagunitas is going to be doing bombers this year and if so when? Thanks
[Reply]
Jbailey 10:00 PM 02-14-2012
Bells Hopslam on tap.
[Reply]
Page 26 of 183
« First < 16242526 27283676126 > Last »
Up