Not a damn penny I am giving up cigars 7 3.27%
Under $1,000 its a good year for moderation 101 47.20%
$1,000 to $3,000 Gotta get in on those box sales 71 33.18%
$3,000 to $5,000 No economy is going to hurt my Cigar habit 17 7.94%
The sky is the limit I will spend until I drop. 18 8.41%
Voters: 214. You may not vote on this poll
Page 4 of 5
« First < 234 5 >
All Cigar Discussion>What is your 2009 Cigar Budget?
SilverFox 10:44 AM 01-03-2009
Maybe Budget wasn't the right word, it was more meant to be what are your spending expectations. I know I picked 3-5 I think I spent a little more than that last year but I was experimenting on the NC side and bought a lot of crappy sticks so I expect to spend less in total buy less but buy better. I am at the point were I am looking for stuff to age for a while (great intention that LOL)
[Reply]
ezjeeper 10:45 AM 01-03-2009
Budget? I don't have a budget for cigars! Problem is that my non-cigar budget keeps messing with the real budget!

Actually, my wife thinks I took this job and came to this wonderful country to pay off debt and pay for her new house. We all know the truth is that I came here so that I can afford to buy cigars anytime I please and as much as I please!!! Ha!

Seriously though - two pretty full humidors here with me. So I have to smoke those a little emptier before refilling. But when I do, I am going to be a little more picky on what I buy now.
[Reply]
MikeyC 10:49 AM 01-03-2009
Originally Posted by icehog3:
I don't really think out a budget....if something that I want comes along, I will buy it if I can afford it.....and won't if I can't. :-)
:-)

I don't buy for the sake of buying. It has to be something I really want and if it's a good deal that makes it even better. Once I decide if I want it or not then I decide if I have the money. :-)
[Reply]
Bruzee 01:19 PM 01-03-2009
I don't really think out a budget....if something that I want comes along, I will buy it if I can afford it.....and won't if I can't. :-)
:-) And I usually can't afford it. :-)
[Reply]
Starscream 02:06 PM 01-03-2009
Originally Posted by Big Vito:
Not a damn penny :-)
:-) Unfortunately
[Reply]
BORIStheBLADE 03:19 PM 01-03-2009
If I have room in my storage I'll buy some smokes. I was thinking about limiting myself to about one box a month unless we get some more of those CRAZY deals.

This year I have a couple of good things going my way to help me save money and hopefully I stay employed while this economy keeps getting worse. If I do go unemployed then no purchases.
[Reply]
Don Fernando 03:21 PM 01-03-2009
I probably spend more then I expect (or want to) spend anyway. Cigars ain't a hobby, it's an addiction.
[Reply]
silentjon 04:35 PM 01-04-2009
No budget - I don't think I want to know what I really spend on cigars.
[Reply]
Ashcan Bill 04:55 PM 01-04-2009
No budget necessarily, but my goal is to keep the purchases down to replacing what gets smoked on a one-for-one basis. My humidors are pretty full and I'm retired now without the income I used to have, so it's time for some moderation.

Ask me in a year how this works out. :-)
[Reply]
massphatness 05:27 PM 01-04-2009
:-) I like this philosophy as establishing a budget for a discretional item like cigars, at least for me, would be arbitrary at best.

Originally Posted by vstrommark:
bought in the neighborhood of 40+ boxes this year. Will probably tone it down a bit until I get dramatically more storage ... not like I've ever let that stop me in the past.
Mark needs a vino? :-)
[Reply]
gettysburgfreak 05:33 PM 01-04-2009
I will be content with one box of habanos this year. I am blowing cigar money for my other hobby which is collecting Civil War letters/relics
[Reply]
smokeyandthebandit05 05:41 PM 01-04-2009
Im not really planning on buying much this year, maybe a stick or 2 on a whim but I got toooo many. With 3 humis full I got a good year, year and a half of smokin
[Reply]
doctorcue 05:50 PM 01-04-2009
I'm going to try to get back to a box or two per month. I'm making my final debt push; so I can't go crazy. Yet, when all the debt is gone the debit card will be on fire! :-)
[Reply]
markem 06:51 PM 01-04-2009
Originally Posted by massphatness:
Mark needs a vino? :-)
Got plenty but not enough, Vin :-)
[Reply]
SilverFox 08:42 PM 01-04-2009
Originally Posted by smokeyandthebandit05:
Im not really planning on buying much this year, maybe a stick or 2 on a whim but I got toooo many. With 3 humis full I got a good year, year and a half of smokin

You are a far stronger man than I

[Reply]
icehog3 08:43 PM 01-04-2009
Originally Posted by smokeyandthebandit05:
I will take the "over"....anyone? :-) :-)
[Reply]
BC-Axeman 09:23 PM 01-04-2009
Less than the box a month I had been doing. Between 1 and 2 thousand a year can get you well set up.
[Reply]
JE3146 09:26 PM 01-04-2009
Well since my budget is far closer to 0$ than 1000$, that's where I put it.

Wedding and starting a life are gonna take priority this year :-).... damn women...

EDIT:: woops didn't see there was an under 1000 vote :-)... I can read... honest.
[Reply]
ucla695 06:36 AM 01-05-2009
I don't have a budget either. I buy as I want, but space will be the major constraint this year. My cabinet is full.
[Reply]
rizzle 07:55 AM 01-05-2009
Originally Posted by Asher:
I'm a new father to twin boys (2 weeks old), so my cigar budget will be much smaller this year. It's worth it, though! (I haven't had time to smoke since they were born, anyway.)
I hear ya brother. I've managed to sneak a couple in since my girls were born but didn't get to have one for at least three weeks. I did get one in last night at about 10:00 though.

Edit: And Congratulations!!
[Reply]
Page 4 of 5
« First < 234 5 >
Up