Milk is for cookies!!!
[Reply]
GoatLocker 06:40 PM 01-07-2009
Ice? :-)

Originally Posted by LkyLindy:
Whats not to like

[Reply]
neoflex 06:45 PM 01-07-2009
Probably the worst combo for me was smoking a cigar after eating a real spicy bowl of Chili at a herf. The combo was not horrible but being I was just gifted a Anejo Shark from '05 and was told to smoke it first kind of took the wow factor from the cigar for a good while. It was not until I hit just past the midway point that I was finally able to appreciate the cigar. I also did not have the heart to tell the person who gifted me the cigar that the first half of the cigar was overpowered by jalapeno infested bowl of spiciness. I should have known better to even think about ordering Chili that day but it just never clicked until after the fact.
[Reply]
troutbreath 08:26 PM 01-07-2009
Had Sushi tonight, but sadly no cigar. Don't think they would have been bad, though. Had a Tatuaje Noella with me, but nowhere to smoke it.

Evil combinations:
Toothpaste and Orange Juice
Tequila and Milk
Spaghetti and Duck Sauce
[Reply]
jaycarla 08:42 PM 01-07-2009
Originally Posted by Hardcz:
It works great, sushi and sashimi leaves a great clean taste in your mouth. I usually finish mine with a hot tea, though forgo the wasabi and eat it the way it was meant to, and enjoy the flavors of the fish. If you must use soy sauce use it sparingly... wasabi is just a waste of flavor on the fish itself.

After sushi I like to enjoy a mild-medium cigar, as the sushi is a light meal, even if you eat a ton of it... like 3 rolls yourself with tempura *cough*
:-)

A nice Sashimi Bento and a medium corona is great. Go Wasabi-less and it is a great finish after the meal.
[Reply]
ucla695 06:44 AM 01-08-2009
Yeah, cigars and sushi don't mix. Especially if you've eaten some wasabi and ginger. I agree that steak and cigars is a much better combo.

Originally Posted by neoflex:
Probably the worst combo for me was smoking a cigar after eating a real spicy bowl of Chili at a herf. The combo was not horrible but being I was just gifted a Anejo Shark from '05 and was told to smoke it first kind of took the wow factor from the cigar for a good while. It was not until I hit just past the midway point that I was finally able to appreciate the cigar. I also did not have the heart to tell the person who gifted me the cigar that the first half of the cigar was overpowered by jalapeno infested bowl of spiciness. I should have known better to even think about ordering Chili that day but it just never clicked until after the fact.
I've killed my palate with spicy food on several occasions before smoking a cigar. It's almost difficult to taste anything but spice. Now, I'm very careful to not eat spicy food before I smoke.
[Reply]
ActionAndy 07:27 AM 01-08-2009
Originally Posted by troutbreath:
Had Sushi tonight, but sadly no cigar. Don't think they would have been bad, though. Had a Tatuaje Noella with me, but nowhere to smoke it.

Evil combinations:
Toothpaste and Orange Juice
Tequila and Milk
Spaghetti and Duck Sauce
I remember getting ready for a date once, drinking a beer in the shower. I set the beer down, brushed my teeth, picked the beer back up and finished it off. And then I winced and shivered for about two minutes because holy **** is that a stupid thing to do to yourself. What a bad combination.
[Reply]
UPHOTO 04:04 PM 01-09-2009
Here in Reno you can do sushi/cigar/strippers......

Yes a local strip club has a decent sushi bar in it. They also have some decent smokes in their humi. So I am told. :-)
[Reply]
bigliver 04:51 PM 01-09-2009
Originally Posted by UPHOTO:
Here in Reno you can do sushi/cigar/strippers......

Yes a local strip club has a decent sushi bar in it. They also have some decent smokes in their humi. So I am told. :-)
:-):-):-) The Trifecta!!!
[Reply]
brigey57 08:25 PM 01-09-2009
Originally Posted by Kondour:
eww Sushi? Who eats that stuff? Its all about a nice juicy steak!!! :-) oh yeah and some Sierra Nevada!!!
Reminds me of the time I went out to dinner with a friend and they asked us if we would like to order from the Sushi bar? My friend said, I don't eat bait that's the stuff my food eats. I nearly laughed my A-off. :-)
[Reply]
Page 2 of 2
< 12
Up