Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 2 of 4
< 12 34 >
Accessory Discussion / Reviews>Palio Cutters Acquired By Other Company
themoneycollector 02:11 PM 12-16-2015
I had switched over to an X8 which I'm on #2 after losing 2 palios as well.

But I'm thinking I'll have to see if I can pick up a USA-made palio before they are all gone.
[Reply]
shilala 03:28 PM 12-16-2015
If any of you guys want me to bleed on your Palios, just remind me to use it when you see me.
[Reply]
HailTheBrownLeaf 12:26 PM 10-07-2016
Just got my first Palio from CanadaHumidor.com (the normal black one)

How do I verify that it's from the old US-made stock?? I was a bit saddened that mine didn't come in the little snazzy leather pouch. :-)
[Reply]
MarkinAZ 12:49 PM 10-07-2016
Back in 2012, I had donated my original Palio. In 2015, I purchased a Xikar Xi2 Granite Silver, which cuts like a hot edge through butter. In early 2016, I developed a soft spot to bring a Palio into the fold, and won a black Palio from the Devils site.

I test drove it on the head of 3 cigars, in which it totally destroyed the head of those cigars. It told me right then and there that the QC of this once wonderful jewel had gone downhill. The tolerances, feel, and design did not look or feel like the original.

So, I took the box and Palio and simply tossed it in to the garbage where it belonged.

I'll stick with my Xi2:-)
[Reply]
smokin5 09:22 PM 10-10-2016
Hey Mark, I know where you can obtain a really good Made-in-the-USA
black Palio cutter - just ask me & it's yours.:-)
[Reply]
MarkinAZ 08:28 AM 10-11-2016
Originally Posted by smokin5:
Hey Mark, I know where you can obtain a really good Made-in-the-USA black Palio cutter - just ask me & it's yours.:-)
:-)Thank you for the very kind offer Eric, but no. The Xi2 is working just fine:-)
[Reply]
mahtofire14 06:01 PM 10-11-2016
My Palio has been cutting smooth since 2011. One of the best cutters I've ever had. Now that the QC has gone down the tubes I'm using it less to preserve the blades.
[Reply]
markem 06:11 PM 10-11-2016
Some things to note.

1. The person that we all associate with the Palio name bought the company from others.
2. He turned the company into something amazing and expanded the Palio name through sheer will and skill.
3. That the current owners are not, at this time, able to meet the standard isn't a surprise.
4. The new owners have a chance to recapture the market and only time will tell.
[Reply]
HailTheBrownLeaf 07:09 PM 10-11-2016
So even though my Palio did come in just a tiny little Ziploc bag thingie, it did come with this...

So my cutter I guess was indeed made in the USA right??
[Reply]
AdamJoshua 02:07 PM 10-13-2016
Another reason I enjoy the old spring loaded (or not) straight cutters.

[Reply]
icehog3 02:41 PM 10-13-2016
Originally Posted by AdamJoshua:
Another reason I enjoy the old spring loaded (or not) straight cutters.

Another reason? I missed the first reason!
[Reply]
AdamJoshua 02:54 PM 10-13-2016
Originally Posted by icehog3:
Another reason? I missed the first reason!
You must still have some damage to the noggin.
[Reply]
icehog3 03:55 PM 10-13-2016
Originally Posted by AdamJoshua:
You must still have some damage to the noggin.
Do we know each other?
[Reply]
Tio Gato 10:43 AM 12-01-2016
Just received two from the Devil Site. Made in China. Poor quality is the most polite thing I can say as a gentleman. Avoid these. Find a USA made one or pass.
[Reply]
PeteSB75 09:36 PM 12-14-2016
This makes me sad - My cutter from 2009 is still in good shape, but my burlwood from the first batch that Marc made no longer has a sharp edge. I was just looking them up to see about getting it replaced/sharpened. Guess I'll use it until it dies and then need to find something else.
[Reply]
CigarNut 09:43 PM 12-14-2016
Originally Posted by PeteSB75:
This makes me sad - My cutter from 2009 is still in good shape, but my burlwood from the first batch that Marc made no longer has a sharp edge. I was just looking them up to see about getting it replaced/sharpened. Guess I'll use it until it dies and then need to find something else.
I would still pursue this -- you don't have anything to lose, and you may end up with another good cutter.

I would at least give them the benefit of the doubt until proven otherwise. Just my :-)
[Reply]
MrOneEyedBoh 09:51 AM 12-17-2016
Yeah my cutter got a knick in the blade from a stem Id assume and now they are charging to even look at it.. So there is no guarantee that they will fix it or replace it. Ive had mine since 08.
[Reply]
icehog3 10:32 AM 12-17-2016
Originally Posted by MrOneEyedBoh:
Yeah my cutter got a knick in the blade from a stem Id assume and now they are charging to even look at it.. So there is no guarantee that they will fix it or replace it. Ive had mine since 08.
Did you try going back to the place of purchase? They should replace it free of charge as far as I know.
[Reply]
AdamJoshua 04:10 PM 12-17-2016
This is all a shame, a childhood friend asked what to get her boss as he is a cigar smoker and I recommended a Palio. Eh oh well. :-)
[Reply]
markem 06:14 PM 12-17-2016
Originally Posted by icehog3:
Did you try going back to the place of purchase? They should replace it free of charge as far as I know.
The warranty has changed a bit. Looks like it needs to be returned for inspection first.

http://www.paliocutters.com/index.php/warranty/
[Reply]
Page 2 of 4
< 12 34 >
Up