Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 2 of 5
< 12 34 > Last »
Accessory Discussion / Reviews>Humidification Beads FAQs
Prospector 09:54 AM 09-12-2009
Originally Posted by MrOneEyedBoh:
I didnt see this posted so I thought I'd ask this question.

Can you get more beads than you need for you humidor?
Yes - the more beads you use, the longer you can go without recharging them; and if your humi is not particularly airtight using more beads will keep you from having to recharge them every few days. Your tradeoff is the space they take up in your humi.
[Reply]
N2Advnture 10:04 AM 09-12-2009
Originally Posted by MrOneEyedBoh:
I didnt see this posted so I thought I'd ask this question.

Can you get more beads than you need for you humidor?
Absolutely.

Having more beads won't over humidify but will increase the efficiency in which they will recover RH and reduce the frequency between adding water to them.

I hope this helps

~Mark
[Reply]
MrOneEyedBoh 10:10 AM 09-12-2009
/\ Yes thank you. Im about to order off of Cigarmony.com now.
[Reply]
Dux 03:01 PM 09-14-2009
Whats the best way to charge 3 pounds of beads in a already stocked Humi?

I have been using a Large Hydra Electronic Humidifier for sometime "With Fans".

Would the Hydra Charge the beads if I just tossed them into the Humi with the unit running? My Plan is to have 1 pound mesh bags on the Bottom, Center and Top of the Humi to regulate @ 65% RH.

Any Suggestions would be welcome..

-Doug/Dux
[Reply]
NCRadioMan 05:25 PM 09-14-2009
Spray bottle would work nicely but I imagine they would charge with the Hydra but would take a bit longer than the spray bottle.
[Reply]
Dux 12:50 PM 09-15-2009
Originally Posted by NCRadioMan:
Spray bottle would work nicely but I imagine they would charge with the Hydra but would take a bit longer than the spray bottle.

Thanks!! Going to see if the Hydra can charge them, if not then I will use a spray Bottle next :-)
[Reply]
kenstogie 12:54 PM 09-15-2009
I have had some (1 in 150 or so) of the beads turn brown/black, what is this? Did I accidentally give them tap water or something?
[Reply]
Bartolomeo 06:04 PM 09-15-2009
Originally Posted by kenstogie:
I have had some (1 in 150 or so) of the beads turn brown/black, what is this? Did I accidentally give them tap water or something?
From my experience, they touched or got too close to the cigars, the oils leak off of the cigars/boxes and causes beads to turn colors once in a while

Bart
[Reply]
kenstogie 08:36 PM 09-15-2009
Originally Posted by Bartolomeo:
From my experience, they touched or got too close to the cigars, the oils leak off of the cigars/boxes and causes beads to turn colors once in a while

Bart
They don't seem to be concentrated in one spot, but seem to be scattered through out.
[Reply]
CJ121 02:41 PM 03-05-2010
I was reading this with interest, did it go any further?
[Reply]
N2Advnture 03:17 PM 03-05-2010
Originally Posted by kenstogie:
They don't seem to be concentrated in one spot, but seem to be scattered through out.
Can you post a picture?
[Reply]
Chinogobraap 08:24 AM 07-07-2010
I just have to say the beads are the most impressive hydration system I've ever used. I just recently switched to heartfelt 70% beads for my new cabinet and it recovers faster, maintains and overall just kicks arse. I needed 1.5 lb and got 2 lb more tried it with 1.5 and then 2, more definitely gets it back up faster after a quick flux or opening the humi. In the past I've used foam, gels and sponges and beads are by far the most efficient. I literally don't do anything other than glance at the hygro every once in a while and pour some DW over them when needed.
[Reply]
jonan 10:06 AM 11-09-2010
just placed an order for puck 100:-)
[Reply]
Ender 11:20 PM 11-09-2010
Since I'm having difficulty with keep the humidification up is it out of the question to get one more puck?
[Reply]
sigwig 03:46 PM 02-17-2011
Hi newbie here.

Can you mix beads. Say have half 65% and half 60% would you end up with 62.5%?

The puck-ifier is just a container with some beads in it right? If I'm buying beads for a coolidor, I can just rob some of them and stick them in a similar container for a desktop humidor?
[Reply]
76GTFan 04:05 PM 02-17-2011
Originally Posted by sigwig:
Hi newbie here.

The puck-ifier is just a container with some beads in it right? If I'm buying beads for a coolidor, I can just rob some of them and stick them in a similar container for a desktop humidor?
In theory it might work but really no point. Both beads would be fighting to get to their intended RH. I really doubt you would notice the difference in 2.5 percent, much less constantly being able to keep it there. I would choose one or the other. I prefer mine with 65 beads. The RH will fluctuate both ways sometimes, so doesn't have to be perfect.
[Reply]
N2Advnture 04:15 PM 02-17-2011
Originally Posted by sigwig:
Hi newbie here.

Howdy
Because humidty beads are set to specific RH level, combining 2 rh levels will not result in a hybrid level.

Assuming you are using equal amounts, the 65% RH Beads will work to raise the RH to 65%. Once they have expelled their moisture content the 60% RH Beads will work to lower the RH level to 62% RH.

I hope this helps.

Mark
[Reply]
Wharf Rat 04:38 PM 02-17-2011
Originally Posted by N2Advnture:
Howdy

Assuming you are using equal amounts, the 65% RH Beads will work to raise the RH to 65%. Once they have expelled their moisture content the 60% RH Beads will work to lower the RH level to 62% RH.

Mark
So, the RH will bounce up and down like a yo-yo? :-)
[Reply]
N2Advnture 05:10 PM 02-17-2011
Sorry for not making it clear.

The rh will rise to 65% and hold there until the 65% rh beads dry out and then it will fall to 60% rh.
[Reply]
piperman 09:07 PM 03-11-2011
Are your's and Dave's (Heartfelt) the same?
[Reply]
Page 2 of 5
< 12 34 > Last »
Up